Principal Treasury Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Careers that Change Lives
This position is a remote-based position on interim basis due to Covid19 Pandemic. Upon approval of 'Return to Office' site guidelines, this role will require the individual to work onsite.
Treasury is responsible for global financing strategies and execution, capital structure management, capital deployment recommendations, foreign currency considerations and risk management, share repurchase strategies and execution, treasury operations, investment programs for the Company's cash, trust and pension assets, and interest rate risk management. Treasury must also consider tax and accounting impact of its strategies and recommendations. Treasury serves as an advocate for the Company to debt and equity investors, commercial and investment banks, and rating agencies.
The Treasury Capital Markets, Global Liquidity and U.S. Treasury Operations team oversees the management of Medtronic's capital structure objectives, capital allocation and free cash flow deployment, capital markets transactions, global liquidity management and forecasting, and U.S. cash management operations. We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader. That's why we make it a point to seek out, attract, and develop diverse employees. We are looking for bold people that move with speed and decisiveness - people who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
As Principal Treasury Analyst you will serve as a key external facing analyst with a network of global banking partners providing leadership for the broader Treasury organization, while executing critical treasury strategies in support of optimizing Medtronic's capital structure objectives, free cash flow deployment, and capital markets transactions. The position will lead and/or assist in other special projects that support the goals of Treasury as needed. This position reports to the Senior Treasury Director, leading the Capital Markets, Global Liquidity and Treasury Operations function in the U.S. within the Global Treasury Group. A successful candidate will excel at developing relationships, have strong modeling and analytical skills, and a familiarity of the capital markets. This position requires frequent Medtronic global finance interaction, as well as significant partnership with our group of investment banking partners, and rating agencies.
We believe that when people from different cultures, genders, and points of view come together, innovation is the result - and everyone wins. Medtronic walks the walk, creating an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
As Principal Treasury Analyst, you will be responsible for leading, managing, executing, presenting, and enhancing capital planning and forecasting activities in support of strategic capital structure decision-making:
* Developing capital structure recommendations based on capital structure analyses developed in partnership with external banking partners and in collaboration with various internal stakeholders
* Strategic monitoring of corporate debt portfolio (currently ~$27B) and provide proactive recommendations for improvements
* Support the capital structure forecasts and monitoring for the Medtronic strategic plan and one-year time horizons
* Key contact for preparation of presentations to debt investors and rating agencies, and first-line support of ad-hoc requests from these stakeholders
* Perform analysis and forecasting of company share count. Partner within Treasury and with colleagues outside of Treasury to gather necessary inputs to develop forecast, report on actuals and analyze variance to plan.
* Support annual review and provide recommendations of the Company's dividend policy. Prepare recommendations and presentations in support of annual recommendation.
* Active involvement in global liquidity forecasting process and monitor potential impacts to capital structure
* Prepare cross-Treasury reporting/dashboards for executive management and the Board of Directors
As Principal Treasury Analyst, you will be responsible for leading, planning, initiating, monitoring, enhancing, and executing on projects that contribute directly to our capital markets activities:
* Issuing short-term commercial paper, and develop and manage existing and new dealer relationships
* Actively support deliverables related to capital market transactions, including management and execution of documentation, diligence requests, marketing materials and other fixed income investor presentations, board approvals, modeling, and analysis
* Ensuring ongoing compliance and management of resulting portfolios of long and short-term debt instruments and agreements/facilities
* Supporting the evaluation of and development of share repurchase programs, and executing against those programs with brokers
* Providing support and lead the annual reviews of the Company's strategic banking partners, evaluating economics and performance, recommending changes as needed
* Partnering with Corporate Finance to develop and document Debt Capital Markets related policies and procedures, and provide required support for external financial statements
You will also be expected to be a flexible team member that may contribute directly to Treasury Operations in the U.S.
* Perform day-to-day cash forecasting, cash concentration oversight and recommendations related to excess cash
* Analysis and reporting related to interest income and expense
* Support intercompany lending and cash concentration/mobilization
* Operate the monthly U.S. cash pooling process
* Involvement in acquisition and divestiture banking activity and documentation updates
You will lead or assist on significant project work and ad-hoc analyses requested by management as need arises. Potential items include, but are not limited to: global policy development, analytics and modeling, internal/external controls, compliance, audit, regulation, and internal consulting.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
* 7 years of Finance, Accounting, or Treasury experience with Bachelor's degree; 5 years of Finance, Accounting, or Treasury experience with Advanced degree
Nice to Have
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office tools (PowerPoint, PowerBI, Outlook, Word)
* Experience within a Medtronic (or similar multinational company) treasury, finance or accounting team - with direct exposure to Treasury processes (cash management, capital markets, monthly close, forecasting, modeling, etc)
* Experience with Medtronic (or similar multinational company) treasury and finance business tools (Oracle Essbase, Oracle Smartview, SAP ECC 6, PowerBI, Ion/Reval, Docusign, Bloomberg, Autobahn, ICD, bank portals, etc)
* Strong ability to work independently in a fast paced, dynamic, work environment
* Comfortable disrupting the status quo, leading change initiatives, and improving processes
* Proven ability to align to vision, prioritize workload, and perform under pressure
* Previous experience analyzing financial statements (P&L, Balance sheet, Cash Flow), and interpreting key financial metrics.
* MBA, CPA or CFA
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)