Clinical Exercise Physiologist, PT-Days, MHW Cardiac Rehab: Cardiac Rehabilitation
Employment Type: Full-Time
Clinical Exercise physiologist will develop and implement exercise prescriptions for patients with various diagnoses, demonstrate skill in assessing patient response to exercise, modify exercise plans to meet individual needs, and generate respective clinical documentation that meet all regulatory requirements.
* Provide quality patient care by evaluating the patient's goals and needs through patient intake assessments, interpreting evaluations/test results and developing and documenting the patients individual treatment plan in consideration of physician orders, medical history, patient limitations and patient goals.
* Develop a safe effective exercise prescription (mode, intensity, duration and frequency) for patient based on evaluations, medical history, test results, physician orders, limitations and goals.
* Help patient execute and accomplish individual treatment plan/exercise prescriptions by instructing, encouraging and assisting patients in performing the physical activities prescribed by staff.
* Assess patients progress while in Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation or Medical Fitness. Recommend any adjustments and modifications in the exercise prescription. Reassess and document patient's 30 day progress reports or medical fitness reports in a timely manner successfully meeting time requirement as prescribed by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
* Develop and document discharge treatment plan with patient (and his/her family), physician and rehab staff.
* Provide inpatient cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation services to patients by appropriately identifying their cardiac or pumonary rehab eligibility, providing them education, developing and implementing exercise prescriptions in an inpatient setting if appropriate, and facilitating referrals for their enrollment in an outpatient cardiac / pulmonary rehabilitation or medical fitness program.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* Exercise Science
* Clinical Exercise Physiologist
* Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional
Education equivalent experience:
* or related field.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: Two (2) years in rehabilitative care or medical fitness program setting.
* •Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional (CCRP by the AACVPR) or CEP (Clinical Exercise Physiologist by ACSM) must be completed within first year of hire, certification is not required if incumbent has a Masters degree.
At Memorial Fitness Centers, our mission is to help people of all ages and skill levels improve their health in a safe, welcoming environment. We have more than 30 years' experience providing evidence-based exercise, wellness, weight loss and rehabilitation programs. As a hospital fitness center, our members enjoy personalized, medically-supervised services.
The fitness programs at Memorial Fitness Centers are led by a team of certified, educated and experienced professional trainers, therapists, physiologists (exercise doctors), registered dietitians and instructors.
We offer a mix of self-monitored and medically-supervised programs and classes - including classes for patients with Parkinson's disease and those recovering from joint replacement and other types of surgery. Members enjoy a warm, welcoming atmosphere that encourages participation and personal growth.
Our fitness programs include:
* Prevention programs - to help overcome or prevent health challenges with healthy diet and exercise.
* Rehabilitation programs - to help patients with specific health issues like cancer or heart disease live more active, healthier lives.
* Weight loss and wellness programs - to help build a healthy lifestyle with nutrition and fitness plans that work for you.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.