Paramedic-ER, FT-Nights, MHP: Emergency Room
Employment Type: Full-Time
Provides patient care under the direction of a physician, physician's assistant, and/or registered nurse.
* Performs technical procedures as delegated, including but not limited to establishing IV access, performing ECGs and vital statistics/telemetry monitoring, collecting specimens, providing wound care, and transporting patients.
* Assists physicians and nurses with performing medical procedures, including examinations, minor surgical interventions, orthopedic treatment, and resuscitation.
* Documents and communicates assessment findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to medical/nursing staff.
* Assists with keeping department areas clean, stocked, and orderly.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: 'Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers'
* PATIENT SAFETY - ANCILLARY/SUPPORT: Contributes to a safe patient care environment.
* Accredited Program
* Emergency Medical Technician
* BLS Certification
* Paramedic License - FL
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.
* • Department specific credentials - See below
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required for Tele, ICU, L&D, OB, Cath Lab, OR, PACU, ER, CV, and Procedural areas.
* PALS required for Pediatric areas with the exception of NICU.
For added clarification, see Mandatory Education Requirements grid.
* Bending and Stooping 60.00%
* Keyboard Entry 60.00%
* Kneeling 60.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 60.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Reaching 60.00%
* Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 60.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
* Running 40.00%
* Sitting 40.00%
* Squatting 60.00%
* Standing 60.00%
* Walking 60.00%
* Audible Speech 60.00%
* Hearing Acuity 60.00%
* Smelling Acuity 60.00%
* Depth Perception 60.00%
* Distinguish Color 60.00%
* Seeing - Far 60.00%
* Seeing - Near 60.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
* Cytotoxic Chemicals 40.00%
* Dust 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
* Hazardous Medication 20.00%
* Latex 40.00%
* Computer Monitor 60.00%
* Domestic Animals 40.00%
* Fire Risk 20.00%
* Hazardous Noise 20.00%
* Heating Devices 60.00%
* Laser/High Intensity Lights 20.00%
* Magnetic Fields 20.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 60.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 60.00%
* Radiation 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
* Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
* Emergency Department
* Medical and Surgical Services
* Radiology and Imaging Services
* Memorial Ventilator Program
* New Vision Medical Stabilization
* Sleep Disorder and Sleep Study Center
* Urgent Care Center
* Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
* Canadian Program
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.