Associate Scientist, Biomarker Immuno-Oncology
Employment Type: Full-Time
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono the Associate Scientist, Biomarker Immuno-Oncology will be responsible for the hands-on execution of laboratory studies with a focus on biomarker discovery and validation in the immuno-oncology area. He/she will provide and grow expertise in translational and reverse-translational research to support the development of novel cancer immunotherapies. Working collaboratively the Associate Scientist will develop and conduct in vitro cell-based assays and histological studies to further our understanding of immunotherapy mechanisms of action and evaluate potential patient stratification and pharmacodynamic biomarkers.
* Execute and interpret histological and in vitro assays to identify biomarkers and determine mechanisms of action
* Conduct translational biomarker studies with samples from in vivo models and cancer patients
* Read and critically evaluate literature, lead or contribute to scientific publications
Who You Are:
* Bachelor's degree in Biology, Immunology or other Life Science discipline
* Bachelor's degree in a Life Science discipline with 3+ years' experience in cancer biology/ immuno-oncology
* Specific knowledge and hand-on experience in the following areas are highly desirable:
* Histological assays: Immunohistochemistry, multiplex immunofluorescence
* Tissue culture: cell line and primary cell culture
* Cell-based assays: co-culture assays, reporter assays, cytokine analysis
* Molecular Biology: qPCR, Western blotting, ELISA
* Meta-analysis of data from public databases
* Proficiency in data collection/documentation all study results in the form of lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribute to the authorship of scientific publications and regulatory submission documents
* Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team setting, troubleshoot effectively and think proactively
* A background in oncology, immunology or cancer immunology is desired
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.