Radiologic Technologist, PRN
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position is responsible for following established procedures and protocols. Technologist performs diagnostic radiographic procedures to assist in the diagnosis of disease and injuries. The scope of the position includes explaining procedure to the patients, accurately operating all imaging equipment, demonstrating clinical and age specific competencies in performing all diagnostic procedures and selecting accurate technical factors for optimal image quality. Technologist is responsible for practicing radiation safety in the operations of radiation-emitting equipment. Technologist demonstrates the ability to review images for interpretation.
* Technologist must be registered and in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic
* Technology (ARRT)
* Maintains certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
* Reviews and interprets physician order for the diagnostic x-ray procedure accurately
* Validates all patient identification before performing any diagnostic x-ray procedure accurately
* Communicates with patient to obtain medical history and/or specific medical information that is pertinent to the procedure and/or patient's well being during the procedure
* Validates proper working conditions and technical factors of all imaging equipment and procedure room
* Explains procedure to patient to facilitate patient cooperation and alleviate patient anxiety; ensures patient comfort and safety
* Assumes responsibility for patient care during the imaging procedure to include infection control
* Follows procedure protocols and policies and procedures in performing diagnostic x-ray procedures
* Demonstrates competence in collimation, patient positioning and radiation safety to reduce radiation exposure as much as possible
* Practices radiation safety for patients, family, visitors and self
* Critiques all images for image quality for interpretation
* Actively participates in the Quality Assurance program(s)
* Consistently demonstrates the ability to recognize priorities and deals with them promptly
* Establishes and maintains a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all members of the department and facility
* Demonstrates a willingness to learn new procedures and assist in other areas as needed
* Participates in standby call as needed to support the department/facility
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.