Customer Service Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Posting Number A01513 Position Title Customer Service Manager Position Number E00801 Salary for Announcement
The salary range is $34,000 - $42,550.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. MSU Denver offers a full benefits package.
Pay Grade (2020): 12
Employee Category Professional staff Department Registrar's Office EClass Code Full Time Professional Staff Position Summary
The Customer Service Manager is part of the Records and Registration Team in the Office of the Registrar. This position is responsible for managing student employees and all front desk operations in the Office of the Registrar. The manager provides a high level of customer service to students, parents, staff, faculty, and third-party constituents to answer and troubleshoot many registrar-related questions. Typically, this support includes such operations as troubleshooting questions regarding registration, grades, records, graduation, and transfer evaluation. This position is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of student records under FERPA, certifying enrollment verification requests, and managing student employment, including hiring, advising, and training, troubleshooting issues encountered with student records and registration processes, and administering a high level of customer service.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
25% - Management of Registrar Front Desk
* Supervises all aspects of the front desk in the Office of the Registrar.
* Provides detailed information to students, parents, faculty, and staff to resolve student issues and refers to appropriate offices/departments.
* Researches and addresses registration discrepancies - which are numerous and varied. This work requires extensive knowledge of the Student Information System, in addition to a comprehensive understanding of the University's policies and procedures.
* Ensures compliance by those they supervise with all University's policies and procedures.
* Always ensures proper staffing of the front desk.
* Responsible for organizing and stocking the front desk area with current forms, brochures, and other materials.
* Provides a welcoming atmosphere to all constituents.
* Supports student staff by diffusing escalated customer relations.
* Ensures the digital signage and website are up to date.
* Manages the Office's general email account by responding and/or directing to appropriate staff.
* Functions well both independently and as a team member.
* Able to multi-task, learn, and retain a large amount of changing information about MSU Denver and relay that changing information to student staff.
* Develops and maintains guidebooks for student staff to be used at the front desk.
* Collaborates with all departments within the Student Success Building to ensure correct information is communicated to constituents. This responsibility includes representing the Office of the Registrar on various committees.
* Prioritizes projects to meet deadlines.
* Advises MSU Denver constituents on inquiries regarding official student records and other academic processes.
25% - Recruitment, Hiring, Training, and Supervising Student Staff
* Recruits and schedules interviews for open student staff positions.
* Trains student employees to provide accurate and timely information about University policies and procedures to varying constituents.
* Supervises student staff to ensure the highest level of customer service. Provides student staff with the tools to display a positive and professional attitude when representing the University.
* Maintains student staff work schedules.
* Conducts monthly, one-hour training for student staff on topics ranging from office procedures to professional development.
* Processes all new and continuing student employee paperwork and timesheets with Human Resources.
* Sends weekly emails to student staff detailing office and University updates.
* Serves as a positive role model and ambassador for MSU Denver, demonstrating commitment and dedication to the mission, vision, and core values in a competent and friendly manner.
25% - Customer Service
* Collaborate and communicate with the Enrollment Management Call Center staff to ensure processes are efficient, training is adequate, and information is accurate.
* Must be professional, respectful, and maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
* Supports other individuals on the Records and Registration team and the Office of the Registrar, including student employees.
* Willingness to cross-train and collaborate with others.
* Ability to work well under pressure and handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
20% - Records Requests
* Prints official and unofficial transcript requests.
* Certifies enrollment to third-party constituents, individual student requests and certifies academic standing reports to various constituents after receiving the student's consent.
* Processes Change of Information requests when a student needs to change their personal information in the Student Information System, including biographical information changes.
* Enters FERPA releases into the Student Information System and stores the original release in the application database for proper document retention.
* Researches past and present MSU Denver course catalogs for course description requests.
5% - Special Projects and Other Duties as Assigned
* Assists the Assistant to the Registrar in assessing the efficacy of office procedures.
* Assists with various office updates and reports.
* Will be a FERPA expert and provide departmental training and assist with training other University departments on FERPA.
* Minimum of one year's experience in a college/university setting as a student employee or full-time employee
* Experience creating and implementing workshops and training staff
* Error-free written communication skills
* Experience with Banner or related Student Information System
* Experience supervising students and/or full-time staff in a college setting
* Demonstrated leadership development experience (e.g., experience as a participant or trainer in leadership conferences, educational programs, community organizations)
* Excellent time management skills
* Experience providing excellent customer service in a higher education environment
Posting date 02/05/2021 Closing date Closing Instructions Open Until Filled To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) 02/19/2021 Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Talent Team Representative Sophia Montano Talent Team Representative E-mail email@example.com Benefits
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
* Resume or Curriculum Vitae
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).