Field Service Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world's natural resources?
As a newly combined company Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of two companies we offer stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join the positive change.
Metso Outotec Metals Recycling is an engineering service organization providing engineering and site process control services to the metals recycling industry.
This position provides installation and commissioning support associated with ferrous and non-ferrous Capital and Engineered-To-Order (ETO) projects.
The Field Service Technician provides quality technical services to support project profitability and on-time deliverables associated with new Capital and Engineered-To-Order (ETO) projects/products as well as support existing Metso Outotec Recycling products/customers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains and develops technical competency of self and technical team by monitoring/seeking emerging product and system technologies while leveraging customer. opportunities to consistently position Metso Outorec as a leader in the metals recycling industry.
* Independently develops technical competency related to existing Metso Outotec Recycling products and supported machines/equipment.
* Participates in internal and external meetings to support customer project requirements.
* Analyzes customer's requirements and communicates challenges and/or issues to appropriate parties.
* Reviews all changes in engineering drawings. Engages with Engineering on scope changes in projects in preparation for installations/commissioning activity.
* Ensures quality control/testing measures are complete prior to releasing the project for shipment.
* Consults with the team coordinator/manager for guidance, direction, and priorities.
* Reviews commissioning and installation reports for completeness and accuracy.
* Travel (domestic and international) may be required. (up to 70%).
* Consult with EE/ME teams and PM to develop and improve the product line.
* Performs other miscellaneous duties and/or other special projects as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Post-secondary technical education in hydraulic/mechanical fields preferred.
* Minimum ten (10) years' progressive experience in industrial equipment. Prior experience in hydraulic/mechanical troubleshooting is required.
* Working knowledge of or experience in hydraulic and mechanical schematics is preferred.
* Working knowledge of AC (both wound rotor and cage) and DC motor designs and applications, specifically related to the recycling industry required.
* Working knowledge of hydraulic circuits and design is required.
* Familiarity with piping and instrumentation diagrams for hydraulics.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Professional client management and business literacy skills.
* Excellent organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and troubleshooting skills required.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
* The initiative is required to identify and anticipate customer needs and to make recommendations for implementation.
* Self-directed and motivated to manage all departmental tasks, jobs, and miscellaneous activities.
* Flexibility and availability to interact with customers as required.
* Possess a sense of urgency and sensitivity to internal and external customer problems/concerns.
* Establish/maintain trusting relationships with team members and customers to effectively gain support and achieve results.
* Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to comprehend domestic and international issues while effectively communicating with clients.
* Ability to stand for long periods, walk, climb or balance, walking through shops, and field environments.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust/focus.
* Proficiency in Windows and MS Office products. Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, fax.
* A friendly, respectful environment that values high ambition, putting our customers in the center of all we do, getting it done together, and open and honest communication.
* Challenging opportunities that contribute to the development and enhancement of Metso Outotec's industry-leading solutions.
* Regular opportunities to work in a global community.
* Pride in contributing to an industry leader providing end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, and metals refining industries globally.
* Competitive benefits include healthcare options (medical, dental, vision), HSA, short term, and long term disability, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, 401K plan with a generous company match, education assistance, paid vacation (<5 years service = 15 days; 5 years or more service = 25 days), 11 paid holidays, 40 hours paid sick time for non-exempt employees, and much more!
* This position is eligible for an annual bonus, which is a percentage of eligible wages and is primarily dependent on the Company's financial performance.
Metso Outotec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Anita Edwards at 480-276-3637.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers' energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its illustrative combined sales for 2019 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com, twitter.com/metsooutotec