Connected Customer Experience - Digital Excellence PMO
Employment Type: Full-Time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
As an Intake and Triage BPM within the Digital Excellence PMO, you will need to be a high-energy, strategic thinker and agile self-starter. You will need to be a 'systems thinker' to understand issues in the broad environment of customer success, sales, proactive and reactive support. Once the issue is identified, you must be able to work across org boundaries without direct reporting authority to understand and communicate the issue, secure agreement on how best to address the issue and follow through to closure, including reporting back to executive leadership on progress and outcomes. You will need an aptitude for proactively seeking creative solutions to multifaceted problems, be extremely action oriented and have strong attention to detail. You must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively to drive resolution to complex problems. An ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is required.
In addition, the ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
* 5 plus years of supporting field and customer-facing teams in customer success, sales and/or support roles
* 5 plus years of experience managing complex strategic, technical and/or operational projects
* 'Systems Thinker' who can understand complex issues and drive root cause resolution across multiple organizations
* Action oriented, proven track record for proactively driving resolution to large scale, complex issues
* Proven experience working across organizational boundaries and driving resolution across many teams with no direct reporting authority
* A real passion for servicing internal and external customers
* Critical thinking (long term, preventative risk mitigation) and orchestration of complex solutions
* Consistent track record of driving strategy and influencing senior leaders
* Strong social, cross group collaboration, program management, time management and negotiation skills
* Evident industry knowledge and experience supporting sales, customer success and support teams
* Ability to handle, track and communicate a multitude of details at many organizational levels
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to quickly interpret data inputs, leveraging available BI reports
* The ability to work well in any situation pressure and meet tight deadlines
* Adept at working with other groups to identify and improve processes
* Ability to deliver tough messages diplomatically and quickly drive toward solutions to problems
* Proven ability to design and balance strategic priorities against tactical needs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Intake and Triage Business Program Manager will be responsible for catching incoming issues and field escalations, quickly triaging the issue across all field's roles, tools, and geographies, and managing the resolution to completion. This involves proactive coordination, communication, and real-time updates to senior executives on progress to resolution. Closing out progress and resolution will be required to provide feedback back to leadership and our field teams to build confidence and satisfaction.
In this role you will engage with key partners across CE&S, stakeholders, senior executives, the Field Transformation Office, and partner closely with role owners, delivery teams and other key stakeholders.
* Leverage an understanding of the Connected Customer Experience to guide intake, scope and drive resolution of customer issues, feedback and asks
* Quickly understand field and customer pain points and details to effectively drive resolution
* Technical aptitude and understanding of case management tools & reporting
* Engage with CE&S shared services teams and align on shared remediation plans
* Communicate (both verbally and in writing) the overall status and aspects of issues to different level leadership and stakeholders (partner, stakeholder, leader, executive)
* Successfully communicate resolution, outcomes and changes needed to operationally drive customer success for other customers
* Demonstrated action-oriented ability to drive issues to resolution
* Communication with internal Microsoft resources for case updates and action requests
* Preparation of executive briefing notes, encapsulating key talking points and relevant Business Intelligence
* Contribute to development and maintenance of roadmaps
* Direct communication with stakeholders to promote case progress where necessary across multiple management levels, including executive leadership
This position requires significant cross-group coordination, and excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to drive collaborative discussions across CE&S. Further, you will need to communicate at many organizational levels. You'll develop, cultivate effective cross-functional relationships, and successfully plan and partner across the CE&S businesses. You will bring strong Communication, Program Management, Technical and Operational skills, be passionate about, and able to understand and develop customer satisfaction strategies along with the ability to focus on the customer issue at hand.