Federal Consulting Delivery Excellence Program Manager - CTJ
Employment Type: Full-Time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers' expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That's incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Microsoft Federal serves the USG, allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal meets the obligations of managing contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
We are looking for a collaborative project management and delivery leader with strong customer engagement and program management experience. The successful individual understands consulting services delivery and project management disciplines and the ability to successfully influence in a highly matrixed environment.
* Demonstrated strong project management and consulting delivery management skillset
* Ability to manage a broad portfolio of diverse consulting engagements
* Experience troubleshooting and remediating challenging engagements
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with technical and business leaders at all levels within large enterprises
* Strategic thinking with the proven capability to contribute and execute a delivery strategy that resulted in quality delivery outcomes
* Bachelor's degree or higher qualification in computer science, operations, business administration, or equivalent years of experience
* 8+ years of managing highly complex IT programs.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
* Change management experience
* Risk/Recovery Response Management
* Root Cause & Preventative Cause Analysis experience
* Government contracting and compliance experience
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The BPM is a pivotal role for ensuring that Federal Consulting successfully delivers on each of its customer engagements. The successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
* Partner with Federal Consulting Delivery leadership and Delivery Teams to ensure modern and successful delivery of consulting engagements; assist in remediation of challenged engagements
* Oversee the development, management and modernization of processes, tools and reporting necessary to ensure delivery excellence
* Coordinate, measure and monitor the execution of Modern Delivery and overseeing actions for continuous improvement
* Assist in ensuring exceptional delivery through market-leading delivery management practices and acceleration of Consulting Methodology across our customer engagements
* Collaborate with stakeholders and peers to define, enhance and maintain delivery methodologies and tools
* Leverage industry benchmarks to measure and improve existing delivery methodologies processes, tooling and practices
* Evangelize the implementation of emerging industry best practices to improve delivery
This role is at the forefront to help realize and achieve the Microsoft Federal Consulting's core business priority of DELIVER WITH EXCELLENCE and provide world-class Delivery Management to optimize customer outcomes and cloud services consumption. The BPM will have exposure across a large services portfolio, with an opportunity to impact delivery across a multitude of customers and change programs through organization-wide strategies.