Manager, Data Science
Employment Type: Full-Time
Microsoft Store is the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft, and we're looking for the best and brightest talent to tell our story. Are you interested in a career where you can inspire customers and make an impact while building lifelong skills? If so, we're the place for you! Help connect customers with their passions to achieve more, through our physical and digital retail properties. Microsoft Store includes jobs in physical retail locations, digital property teams and corporate locations.
Microsoft Store's vision is to help our customers discover everything that's possible with Microsoft. To deliver on this vision we are building the digital shopping destinations across Web, Xbox console and Windows PC where our customers can experience the best in Gaming, Productivity and Entertainment from Microsoft, and become a part of global community.
* Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience in data science and experience leading a high-performing team of data scientists
* Understanding of data exploration techniques, analytics, storytelling with data and statistical software packages
* Experience working on Big Data and ML technologies - Azure ML, Cosmos/Hadoop, Databricks, R, Python, SQL, SAS, Teradata
* Excellent problem solving, planning and execution skills.
* Methodical, detail oriented with experience diving deep and asking the right questions
* Ability to understand and discuss analysis, distill them for a broader audience, and clearly articulate key insights to leadership, supported by a strong understand
* Strong willingness to learn new hard and soft skills, and develop new professional capability
* Strong communicator with experience in working with senior management
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Post-graduate degree desirable
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading data scientists, supporting Digital Stores at Microsoft. You will be accountable for the intake and prioritization process for analytical needs, be the 'voice' of data science in stakeholder forums; up-level data-informed storytelling across Microsoft Store, partnering with multiple teams across business analytics, engineering and marketing organizations. You will also serve as a business DRI for delivery of committed data science related priorities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Manage, coach and mentor a team of experienced Data Scientists to formulate, design and create analytical projects
* Partner with stakeholders to deeply understand the business problems and drive application of analytics techniques to support solutioning
* Support analytics design decisions by taking relevant inputs from business team and defining clear plan for analytics team; pushes analytics teams to confirm assumptions, extract relevant insights and to interpret the models and outputs
* Provide guidance to the team and vendors to successfully complete projects. Guidance may include - Scoping business questions, data mining, statistical models, customer segmentation, pricing analytics and presentation of insights
* Lead communication of analytics outputs with stakeholders; acts as bridge between management and data scientists; Shares insights with business stakeholders and collects input
* Work collaboratively with data engineering teams as required to acquire all necessary data to support project needs (data exploration, training data, feature engineering, modeling, etc.….)
* Continuously learn about the industry trends and uplevel organizational knowledge in data science field
* Lead and develop an awesome team of Microsoft Store Data Scientists, retain and attract great talent