Principal Consultant, Public Sector
Employment Type: Full-Time
Company DescriptionMicroStrategy transforms organizations into intelligent enterprises through data-driven innovation. We match smart people to dynamic projects and technologies that truly challenge their talents. Curious and creative in outlook, our success is built on the talent and energy of smart and driven people. MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.Job Description
MicroStrategy Consultants empower customers to make more informed decisions by providing timely, relevant, and accurate answers to their business questions. To achieve this mission, Consultants work to understand business needs and technical requirements, and design and implement high value solutions in the MicroStrategy platform. MicroStrategy Consultants are an integral part of the world's largest staff of MicroStrategy Certified Engineers and leverage knowledge and best practices across our global team for customer success. MicroStrategy Professional Services' Career Path provides growth opportunities at all levels within the organization. Principal Consultants are seasoned professionals, trusted advisors to customers, and leaders within the organization. They lead the largest and most strategic customer engagements. Principal Consultants work within a global, cross-departmental sphere of influence within the MicroStrategy organization in support of priority, strategic initiatives and the development of new Services offerings.
Job Duties (including not limited to):
* Delivers billable consulting services, primarily in Secret and Top-Secret engagements.
* Works within a global sphere of influence internally. Works cross-departmentally in support of priority, strategic initiatives and/or the development of new Services offerings
* Ensures a solid understanding of business objectives associated with projects and/or programs to which he or she is assigned
* Maintains a deep understanding of the competitive landscape
* Defines a project approach to ensure customer and MicroStrategy account success. Provides critical and constructive guidance to customers, steering them towards a long-term vision for success
* Solves business problems at a strategic level leveraging experience, best practices, and methods of abstraction (business / technology concepts and models)
* Facilitates solutions/offerings workshops. May actively define methodology for specific solutions/offerings
* Provides content and support to the MicroStrategy account team, helping to scope and estimate the engagement as well as shape the solution concept
* Leads large, strategic customer and partner engagements. May also assume selected engagement management responsibilities
* Proactively monitors business, industry, and world news and trends and anticipates the impact to MicroStrategy and our customers. Applies this knowledge wherever appropriate in customer and internal planning / development activities.
* Top-Secret Clearance
* Bachelors or equivalent degree in a business, technical, or related field
* 7-10 years of being the Federal space, working on Top-Secret engagements in either an administration or Business Intelligence
* 7-10 years of experience in Business Intelligence development and administration experience, in such technologies as Tableau, PowerBI, Qliktech, WebFOCUS, SAP, and Oracle
* 5-7 years of experience in databases: such as Oracle, SQLServer, and Teradata
* 2-3 years of experience with data platforms such as Snowflake, Redshift, and Google Big Query preferred
* 5-7 years of experience successfully leading and delivering multiple project engagements
* 5-7 years of experience designing and implementing enterprise-wide systems
* Provides sales support by using the in-depth technical background to assist the team with crafting thorough proposals and accurate estimates for customer-facing opportunities
* In-depth knowledge and expertise in a technology-related specialty with a proven application for customer success
* Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.