CG - Speech Therapist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Evaluates, plans and administers comprehensive speech therapy modalities/regimens as prescribed by a physician to patients with speech, voice, language, cognitive-communicative and oral-pharyngeal swallowing disorders in their place of residence for the purpose of improving and/or restoring speech and/or swallowing functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs accurate and comprehensive speech, language and swallowing assessments.
* Obtains physician orders for certification and recertification of home speech therapy services.
* Ensures that changes in patientsâ€™ clinical status are communicated to other healthcare team members and Agency office staff verbally and in writing in a timely manner.
* Ensures that physician orders are communicated to other healthcare team members and Agency staff in a timely, accurate and thorough manner.
* Coordinates care planning and delivery with the physician and other healthcare team members and Agency staff to facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
* Delivers speech therapy modalities appropriate to the patientâ€™s clinical status, needs and age.
* Able to appropriately assess and reassess a patientâ€™s pain.
* Utilizes appropriate pain management modalities that include, but are not limited to, physical therapy modalities.
* Educates the patient and/or caregiver in effective pain management modalities.
* Provides speech therapy modalities in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
* Addresses and supports cultural practices providing such practices do not harm the patient or others, and do not interfere with the planned course of speech therapy.
* Participates in the Agencyâ€™s information management and performance improvement programs.
* Complies with the Agencyâ€™s policies.
* Adheres to all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
* Completes and submits necessary documentation in accordance with Agency policy and applicable regulations.
* Submits verification of completed visits in accordance with Agency policy.
* Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences in accordance with Agency policy.
* Master's/Bachelor's Level Graduate in the area of Speech Therapy or Speech Pathology from an accredited university or college.
* Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology awarded by the American Speech Language and Hearing Association.
* For Medicare Certified Agencies:
* Meets the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech pathology or audiology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association; or
* Meets the education requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification
* Current valid state Speech Therapy license.
* One (1) year of work experience.
* Prior home health experience preferred. Valid state driver's license and reliable automobile.
* Proof of current automobile insurance.
* Current health certificate/physical examination and TB testing.
* Current BCLS certification.
?* Criminal background check.
* Current liability insurance.
* Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Additional languages preferred.
* Understands regulations/standards applicable to home healthcare.
* Knowledge of general speech therapy modalities and scope of speech therapy practice within the state.
* Flexible, yet organized, with ability to exercise sound judgment.
* For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.