Equipment and Vehicle Mechanic
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our motto, 'We are Ladies and Gentlemen, serving Ladies and Gentlemen', is evident in every interaction with our customers, co-workers, and team mates. We strive to find the best and brightest talent for each position within our organization, enabling the unique qualities of each individual to shine and compliment the entire team.
The equipment and vehicle mechanic is responsible to provide preventative maintenance, major and minor repairs on all types of ground service equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on company ground equipment.
* Perform complex repairs on vehicles, both electrical and mechanical.
* Service fuel farm equipment
* Perform diagnostic procedures (including electrical) on vehicles and equipment to determine repair needs.
* Order, receive, and inventory parts and supplies
* Keep maintenance records of all equipment, and report any heavy maintenance requirements to management and communicate as needed with contract maintenance personnel.
* Assist line service technicians on ramp as needed
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to interpret printed and computerized maintenance manuals
* Familiar with various maintenance tooling, jacks, overhead cranes, hoists, and other required tools.
* Ability to write legibly to complete forms/paperwork as required.
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft office products
* Basic mathematical knowledge
This position reports to the General Manager
This position works outside in all types of weather conditions and direct contact with both moving and non-moving aircraft. This position may be exposed to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, to include but not limited to:
* Must be able to lift 75 pounds occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently
* Possible exposure to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery
* Outside work in all types of weather conditions.
* Position requires bending, lifting, walking, stooping, squatting, gripping and climbing a ladder.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt position
This position includes shift work which requires working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Education, Experience, and Eligibility Qualifications
* Four (4) years on the job experience as a vehicle technician
* ASE certification preferred
* Two (2) years technical accredited training-ground service equipment maintenance preferred
* Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Acceptable driving record
* Ability to pass a background check
* Zero tolerance drug free employer includes pre-employment and random screening
Million Air is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with our without notice.