Mgr - Hourly Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are looking for friendly folks like you to join our team! MISSION BBQ is unlike any other restaurant concept in the country. We serve the most authentic, mouth-watering all-American food anywhere - with a side order of patriotism! Our team is on a mission to make a difference across the country and in our communities. And right now, we're looking for Great People to join us as we grow again.
What we do:
* A great Place to Work - You will be part of an elite team, yet some might say we're a family
* Home for the Holidays - Closed on New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day
* No Late Nights - We offer flexible hours and shifts. 11:00am - 9:00pm Mon-Thu, 11:00am - 10:00pm Fri-Sat, 11:30am - 8:00pm Sun
* Free Meals - You'll be serving authentic homemade, hand-crafted BBQ and chances are, it'll make you hungry. So, dig in - your meals are on us
* We Encourage Giving Back - Thanking Our Uniformed American Heroes. Helping out in the Communities we serve. It's the right thing to do and we support your extra efforts
* Opportunity for Advancement - Grow as we grow! MISSION BBQ looks forward to seeing our Teammates succeed and do our best to help with training, a supportive, nurturing environment and commit to promoting from within
Performs the following tasks on an on-going basis:
* Continuously provides employees with verbal recognition, direction, and support.
* Communicates with employees to keep them informed of restaurant, regional, and corporate procedures.
* Communicates with managers to evaluate work procedures, review restaurant standards, identify methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, and respond proactively to any needs that arise.
* Listens to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and other managers to gain an understanding of areas of strength and opportunity to improve personal and restaurant performance.
* Trains and empowers employees to exercise good judgment to make decisions regarding service, food quality, and guest satisfaction.
* Monitors and coaches employees on performance, compliance with procedures, and workload.
* Creates and modifies the weekly work schedule to accommodate employees, volume, or other emerging trends.
* Investigates safety issues by interviewing those involved in an accident/event to determine causes and recommend solutions.
* Writes notes and tracks them regarding issues, guests, etc., to keep other managers informed.
* Teaches, coaches, and documents employees who fail to meet standards to maintain a high quality workforce.
* Conducts meetings with employees to communicate incentive programs, implement new products and procedures, and discuss areas of opportunity, specials, events, etc.
* Fixes minor equipment problems (e.g., light bulbs) or calls for maintenance assistance when equipment problems cannot be fixed in-house to maintain the working condition of equipment and reduce operating costs.
* Monitors job openings resulting from promotions, terminations, and reorganizations to prepare for internal or external search for replacements.
* Screens, tests, and interviews applicants using selection tools to assess candidates' qualifications.
* Places orders with vendors to maintain adequate stock of restaurant inventory.
* Supervises deliveries by counting products and checking product quality to ensure that the billing and delivery meet amount and quality standards.
* Meets with vendors to keep one another informed of changes and to provide feedback.
* Reads and reviews invoices to verify accuracy and determine expenses, amount, and type of product being delivered to the restaurant.
* Recruits new employees from within the community to staff the restaurant.
* Balances staffing levels and labor costs to achieve a cost-effective plan.
* Conducts cash drops, reviews credit card totals, and verifies deposit slips.
* Completes reports to ensure accurate sales and inventory record keeping, determine goal accomplishments, and establish future business plans, goals, and sales projections.
* Reviews restaurant equipment maintenance checklist, evaluates condition of equipment, and conducts routine maintenance and minor repairs to ensure smooth operation and save on costs.
* Meets with supervisor regarding personal and restaurant performance, financial and operations data, action plans, annual business plans, profitability, and guest satisfaction.
* Monitors and controls food and labor costs using established methods to meet goals for restaurant and region.
Executes the following tasks during all shifts:
* Prepares restaurant and employees for shift and ensures the restaurant is ready to be open to standards.
* Inspects employees' work areas for cleanliness to acknowledge employees' work, delegate other cleaning duties, and/or okay him or her to go home.
* Performs employees' tasks such as preparing menu items and cleaning to ensure quality of the guest experience and to help employees.
* Greets employees as they begin their shifts to promote an atmosphere where they feel welcomed, important, valued, and to ensure they are ready for work.
* Inspects food items to ensure freshness and proper temperature.
* Monitors restaurant to ensure everyone is providing quality food and service to guests and that safety and sanitation standards are being met.
* Expedites food preparation to ensure food is prepared and delivered in a timely fashion.
* Resolves all guest complaints by listening to their issues and finding solutions.
* Ensures all employees follow sanitation, safety, and security procedures (e.g., panic buttons, alarms).
* College coursework preferred; high school diploma or equivalency required.
* Previous supervisory OR hospitality industry experience required; both preferred.
* Proficiency communicating (speaking, reading, and writing) in English; bilingual preferred.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.