Employment Type: Full-Time
Overview and Qualifications
Orthotist Prosthetist Job Summary: Responsible for oversight & implementation of clinical care for those in need of orthotic & prosthetic devices. Incorporate & coordinate with financial, technical & medical aspects of care. Provide excellent customer service to patients, patient families, colleagues, the community & anyone involved. Nurture existing referral relationships & expand referral base. Provide additional services necessary to maintain and improve the department.
* Provides prosthetic/orthotic care services to patients including designing and fitting of the device(s) and educating the patient on the device.
* Maintains effective and professional relationships with both internal and external customers, including patients and referring physicians and facilities.
* Participates in call schedule, weekend rotation, and holiday coverage.
* Remains current regarding industry standards and trends.
* Participates in program development and on task teams as requested by supervisor.
* Ensures accurate, complete and timely clinical documentation in accordance with service/department guidelines including but not limited to assessment, treatment plan, provision of care and services, and as applicable to the service/department letters of medicalnecessity, funding forms, prior authorization and billing.
* Collaborates with & fully utilizes technical staff with regard to fabrication, modification, and quality control.
* Assists technician as necessary, in limited cases, in the fabrication of prosthetics.
* Travel, as needed/requested, to outlying areas for individual care, clinics, coverage, inservices etc.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required License: CPO (Certified Prosthetist Orthotist)
Preferred Experience: Three or more years experience
Work Schedule: Full-Time, 9a - 5p plus rotating call
Discover a generous benefits package! Our total rewards package includes but is not limited to:
* 401k retirement plan
* paid time off (PTO)
* medical, dental, and vision insurance
* flex spending account options
* life and disability insurance
* tuition reimbursement
* student loan assistance program
* employee discount program
* employee stock purchase program
Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.