RN Clinical Staff Med/Surg Tele 5th Floor Per Diem
Employment Type: Full-Time
MLK Community Hospital & Foundation
1680 E. 120th St.
United States of America
Nursing - RN
If you are interested please apply online and send your resume to Anjimenez@mlkch.org
The Clinical Staff Nurse is a skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the management of patient care. Reporting to the Clinical Unit Supervisor of Telemetry, the Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour accountability for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized patient/family centered care based on the Watson Model of Care for a defined group of patients, including the identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and performance improvement process activities.
* The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs.
* Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters the plan of care. Is accountable for prioritizing and organizing patient care and ensuring follow through with planned care.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and needs of the patients served on the assigned unit. Consistently applies current literature/research findings and critical thinking skills to make sound clinical decisions.
* Demonstrates the Hospital's Patient Satisfaction effort when interacting with patients, families, and co-workers.
* The nurse develops and maintains a therapeutic nurse/patient relationship throughout the health care continuum. Respect for patient's rights is an integral part of the nurse/patient relationship as reflected in our values and mission. Conducts hourly rounding on patients.
* The nurse communicates utilizing the SBAR in all hand-off situations.
* Performs documentation of patient care including: assessment, interdisciplinary plan of care (IPOC), implementation, evaluation, and the Watson Model of Care following unit specific and hospital documentation policies and procedures.
* Anticipates variables affecting patient comfort and alters physical and psychosocial interventions accordingly, using a variety of modalities. Assists patient/family to maximize sense of control and actively participate in his/her recovery.
* Demonstrates commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes.
* Works with Care Mangers during the patient's stay and takes a proactive role in coordinating interdisciplinary discharge planning for a specific patient population.
* Reviews all orders on patients and communicates changes in patient condition with physician and other team members. Contacts the physician promptly with significant changes in patient's condition, collaborates professionally for required orders and follows-up with revised care.
* Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions and documents outcomes in the IPOC.
* Utilizes patient classification system according to standards
* Demonstrates ability to plan, supervise, instruct and evaluate ancillary nursing personnel, floats, orienteers and registry staff. Ensures that an evaluation is completed each shift for registry/floats.
* Upholds professional appearance and demonstrates such through adherence to dress code. Wears hospital I.D. badge and promotes the standard of proper identification for peers and staff.
* Maintains a safe and clean environment that complies with regulatory standards including Patient Safety Goals.
* Participates in the implementation of the unit specific Quality and Performance Improvement Plan, completes monitoring forms and reports findings to the Clinical Unit Supervisor and Nurse Manager.
* Bachelor of Sciences degree preferred.
* Associate in Nursing, Nursing Diploma, or equivalent.
* Internal Candidates that have successfully completed the MLKCH Versant Nurse Residency Program will be considered
* Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience.
* Minimum of 12 months of Med/Surg/Telemetry or Critical Care nursing experience preferred with regard to regulatory guidelines and standard of practice and/or at the discretion of the Manager/ Director.
* Current California Nursing license
* Basic EKG Competence
* Certification in Progressive Critical Care Nursing preferred.
* Certification in Medical / Surgical Nursing preferred.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
* Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
* Basic computer skills
* Dysrrythmia Course certificate preferred.
* Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
* Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Blue Card within 90 Days of hire or requirement notification.
Equal Rights Employer
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your application for employment. Please click the link below to view the E-verify or Right to Work information.
E-Verify/ Right to Work
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
1680 E 120th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90059