Employment Type: Full-Time
The Installer/Driver is responsible for efficient delivery of furniture to customer's sites, including loading and securing product on trucks, driving to customer's sites, unloading, installation and assembly of furniture within client's facilities and/or as needed.
* Review daily route sheet for clarity and day's scope of work; ensures that all required product, equipment, tools and supplies are on truck for the day's deliveries
* Ensures furniture is loaded securely into truck in delivery sequence
* Communicates throughout the day to both dispatch and to customers on status of deliveries
* Deliver product to client sites, unloads, meets client/site contact and places or assembles product per delivery ticket/installation plans
* Read and understand plans, blueprints, elevations and architectural/furniture symbol
* Understands basic systems furniture electrical component installation
* Successfully complete all installation processes: unloading, loading, staging, assembly, cleanup and detailing, lock installation, etc.
* On return to warehouse, makes sure any returned product is moved to designated area and documented; cleans truck and leaves in designated area
* Able to safely and comfortably drive a straight or cube truck while obeying all traffic rules and being courteous to other drivers on the road
* Perform daily inspection of vehicle and follow company policy for any mechanical difficulties, breakdowns or accidents with full documentation
* Keep full, complete and accurate driving and DOT records
* Maintains a valid DOT driving certification
* Other duties as assigned
* Mechanically skilled and knows how to safely use tools/equipment
* Capable and efficient in the assembly of furniture, resulting in quality workmanship
* Product knowledgeable; understanding product specifications and descriptions; can identify finishes, colors and fabric; knows correct application and assembly for products
* Ability to analyze assignments for correct tool, supply and equipment requirements as well as small parts and product pulls from warehouse
* Ability to pass a Government Security background screening
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Handle multiple projects with deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Project a professional demeanor as well as using tact when dealing with others
* Excellent organizational skills required
* Work Successfully in a team environment
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or GED plus 2 years' experience assembling and installing commercial office furniture AND driving a box truck in heavy traffic and congested city areas Valid DOT card or ability to obtain one.
While performing the duties of this job, the employees are regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day. Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
General warehouse environment. Work is generally physical in nature, but may require sitting in a truck for up to 20% of the time. The working environment is indoor and outdoor some temperature control some not can be unfavorable at times of extreme weather.