Front Line Leader
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
This role helps ensure the sustained continuity of technical mastery and line leadership in manufacturing, by leading a key line of the business (technical, system or organizational) to deliver results defined by the compelling business need of the site. You ensure that key business results are achieved and for developing others to ensure the sustained continuity of technical mastery on the manufacturing line. Using a systematic approach, you use strategic thinking skills to ensure results are sustained over the long term.
How you will contribute
In your likely first managerial role, you will ensure that Mondelēz International's safety, quality, cost, delivery, sustainability and morale targets are achieved for the lines for which you are responsible by breaking down section targets into line and unit targets and ensuring that employees understand their individual performance goals related to the overall targets. In this role, you will also develop budgets and be responsible for costs control management, governance and compliance, loss elimination and workforce planning, including recruitment, retention, development, succession planning, and the identification of high potential team members. Without you, we would not be able to deliver high-quality snacks to our customers.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
* Autonomous maintenance (AM) Step 4 systems and progressive maintenance (PM) Step 3 systems
* Maintaining equipment at basic conditions independently, including the execution of AM & PM (break-down maintenance, planned maintenance) standards on dedicated equipment
* Total productive maintenance and Six Sigma including qualification of AM steps 5-6, and PM step 3
* Leading line teams
* Handling challenging interpersonal situations tactfully
* Influencing people in a union environment
* Communicating effectively verbally and in writing and a good attention to detail
* Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Food Science, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a related field
* At least 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment. Union labor management is a plus
* Experience in Lean 6S, TPM and/or E2E IL6S strongly desired
* Willingness to work different shifts, including overnights, and weekends.
* SAP experience and user knowledge strongly preferred
* Ability to drive DMS (Daily Management System) processes to the shift level
* Ability to multi task and enjoy a dynamic and fast paced environment
* Strong influential skills and ability to motivate others
* Proven Process Management experience
* Strong leadership and team building skills, including the ability to lead change
* Willingness to relocate within the U.S. is desirable
Within Country Relocation support available and for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands-including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products -are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.