Senior Manager Insights & Analytics, Snacking Made Right
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Mondelez International's vison is to empower people to snack right. We will lead the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack for the right moment made the right way. With renewed focus on the consumer and snacking empowerment, the importance of the insights team has never been higher to ensure we are putting the consumer at the center of our work. The Senior Manager, Consumer Insights & Analytics, US Wellbeing will help shape the consumer-inspired Wellbeing and Sustainability Strategy for the Mondelēz portfolio in the US and will play a key role in actioning it through our brands.
Our organization has an opening for a deeply curious, self-motivated and inspiring candidate who has the proven ability to identify consumer trends and influence action to join our Consumer Insights & Analytics team. This leader will be responsible for driving consumer centric decision making to help formulate and embed our Wellbeing Strategy and help to deliver our corporate Sustainability goals. This leader will develop and execute the consumer learning agenda to drive our Wellbeing strategy including: identifying and tracking critical consumer/market trends in Wellbeing and Sustainability, understanding how to bring our Mondelēz Purpose of Empowering People to Snack Right to life for our consumers and brands, sizing and prioritizing opportunity spaces, and understanding potential impact of plans to our portfolio. This leader will also be responsible for collaborating with our marketing teams to embed Wellbeing and Sustainability into brand strategies and activation plans as well as partner with the Global team in supporting new learning and opportunity areas.
The ideal candidate is business-minded, consumer-centric, self-motivated, and driven for results. Most importantly, we are looking for a leader that will turn insights into ACTION!
* Play a leadership role in shaping and driving the Mondelēz Wellbeing & Sustainability agenda in the US and be an advocate for it within the business.
* Identify, size and track critical consumer and market trends in the area of Wellbeing (Empowering People to Make Better Choices), Sustainability (Reducing our Impact on the Planet), and Mindful Snacking (Snacking with Intention and Attention).
* Anticipate business and research needs; understand the big picture but also the nuances of the business and the research in order to proactively influence business stakeholders to make the appropriate business decision through the lenses of consumer and business goals/priorities.
* Integrate data from multiple data sources (primary, secondary and syndicated) to drive foresight and strategy.
* Develop relationships with agencies to perfect the research tools in place and/or create new ones that will bring more foresight to the organization
* Source and execute complex, cross-category primary research projects with collaboration of research partners in order to address critical business questions and develop our foundational knowledge
* Translate data and information into actionable insights and business recommendations utilizing best in class 'story telling' and engaging communication.
* Be our internal expert on consumer Wellbeing and Sustainability and represent Mondelez' s Consumer Insights team in professional organizations and meetings.
* Collaborate cross-functionally and facilitate work sessions to embed Wellbeing and Sustainability into brand strategies and plans based on sound consumer/ market understanding.
* Track progress against these strategies and execution in market in meeting our commitments to Wellbeing and Sustainability.
* Partner with Global I&A and GAT to support new consumer learning, development of frameworks, and the translation for US portfolio.
More about this role:
* 8+ years of experience in consumer research in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), preferably both at the research agency and manufacturer side
* Strong knowledge of Consumer Trends, particularly in the area of Health & Wellness and Sustainability, marketing principles, and retail environment/practices.
* Experience across a broad range of market research techniques and analytical techniques such as:
* consumer based market structures (consumer need state landscape),
* consumer segmentations
* product and concept testing
* packaging evaluation
* volumetric forecasting
* consumer claims sorting
* data mining with Nielsen syndicated tools
* Extraction and synthesis of data and information into actionable insights.
* Equally comfortable contributing and influencing in group or individual assignments.
* Client-side work in CPG preferred.
* Supplier-side research experience a plus.
* Experience leading the strategic learning plan and priorities for a brand or product category and managing a research budget accordingly.
* Demonstrated ability to build advocacy for consumer insights in an organization.
* Strong project management skills; Strong communication and presentation skills
* Open minded, flexible, autonomous, and capable of leading cross-functional discussions
* Consumer Need States/ Segmentation (Minimum 8 years)
* Custom Insights (Minimum 8 years)
* Nielsen/ IRI Analytics (Minimum 8 years)
* Fast Moving Consumer Goods (Minimum 8 years)
* BACHELOR'S DEGREE (4 YR)
These are key observable/measurable skills, knowledge and behaviors required that contribute to successful performance in the position. (e.g., drive for results, customer focus, etc.).
* Influences all levels of Category Business Team, all cross functions and creative agency. Creates partnership relationship with all cross functional team and works cohesively for sustainable business results. Manages research activities and diagnose business issues and opportunities with Marketing, Innovation and R&D
* Manages activities of research and analytical suppliers (Qualitative and Quantitative). Sets high standards, provides on-going feedback. Appropriately questions and challenges suppliers to ensure best thinking and continuous improvement. Manages and executes the consumer/customer research to determine which opportunities have the most potential for the business. Uses consumer and marketplace understanding to strengthen ideas. Manages the segment's process for gauging in-market potential for new products and initiatives.
* Identifies unmet consumer needs and participates in cross-functional teams to develop product solutions to address those needs. Contributes to insight driven innovation sessions to stimulate internal idea generation.
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands-including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products -are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Where permitted by applicable law, new hires are required to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment by their date of hire, unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation. You may review the Mondelēz COVID vaccination policy by visiting the US careers website at https://www.mondelezinternational.com/United-States.
Brand & Portfolio Management