Rep, Cust. Care - Regional Omnichannel
Employment Type: Full-Time
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 7930
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Customer Care / Contact Centre
Work Location : Kenilworth, NJ
State or Province : New Jersey (US-NJ)
Potential Work Location : United States : New Jersey : Kenilworth
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Representative, Customer Care - Regional Omnichannel is responsible for handling customer voice and email interactions. This associate interacts with MSC customers for the purpose of quoting, selling and servicing MSC's Medium, Large and Extra Large customers as well as Field Sales Associates in accordance with MSC's Customer Care standards.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Answers inbound sales and service customer calls and emails to process orders, troubleshoot issues, complete returns, collaborate with vendors to source products, make product recommendations and provide general web support with a focus on increasing sales through upselling.
* Interacts with Field Sales Associates to promote MSC's sales related solutions, account retention and revenue generation strategies.
* Responsible for proficiency in required MSC processes and applications relevant to the Customer Care Regional Omnichannel role.
* Utilizes various systems (including but not limited to the MSC website, AS400, WebSOE, Salesforce, Oceana & Vendor Websites) & collaborates with other departments to identify and address the customers stated and unstated product & service needs.
* Provides effortless customer experiences regardless of the chosen modality related to products, services and pricing.
* Builds internal and external customer relationships for the purpose of enhancing customer satisfaction while also improving sales and quoting opportunities.
* Delivers customer service in accordance with MSC quality standards to ensure customer satisfaction, account retention and revenue growth.
* Takes ownership with difficult customer service issues while resolving in a timely manner.
* Achieves the goal expectations of the role, including but not limited to quality, sales, quote conversion, upselling & productivity measurements.
* Conducts extensive follow-up through the utilization of a ticket management system to ensure accuracy and timely resolution to customer inquiries.
* Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC's vision and unity of purpose.
* Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
* INDICATES ESSENTIAL DUTIES
To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, experience level and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
JOB TITLE: Rep, Customer Care - Enterprise/Government (con't)
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
q High school diploma or equivalent required.
q Industry experience preferred.
q Excellent customer service skills required.
q Demonstrated sales skills required.
q Proficiency in systems used by the Representative, Customer Care - Omnichannel role, such as as/400, Oceana and the MSC website required.
q Excellent communication skills required including the ability to speak and write standard business English required.
q Bilingual ability (Spanish or French) desired.
q General knowledge of the industrial supply industry desired.
q Demonstrates acceptable proficiency in all MSC's required competencies:
* Customer Focus
* Decision Quality
* Drives Collaboration
* Develops Talent
* Communicates Effectively
* Instills Trust
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark