Employment Type: Full-Time
* This is a 0.1 FTE/On Call position, which means work hours will vary per week. Could flex between part-time and full-time depending on needs.
Join our Munson Healthcare Staffing Services team as a System Scheduler, and gain excellent insight and experience in the world of healthcare, scheduling, and onboarding of new staff members!
We are seeking someone who:
* Has excellent technical skills
* Is comfortable navigating various online platforms
* Is detail oriented and used to data entry
* Someone with previous experience scheduling, using online platforms such as Applicant Tracking Systems, Onboarding Systems, or other platforms would be great attributes for this role.
* Is customer-service focused
The MHCSS (Munson Healthcare Staffing Services) office is not located in the hospital, rather, in its own building nearby in Traverse City, MI which is where this position will be based. This position is not remote, but may have the option of some working hours from home.
Core work will be Mon-Fri during business hours, but some weekend hours may be required.
This position is in Munson Heatlhcare Staffing Services Office which is located in Travese City, MI. The Munson Healthcare Staffing Services Office is responsible for hiring and deploying RNs and other Allied and Ancillary HealthCare Professionals across our Munson Healthcare system. You essentially will be helping to fill schedules holes by utilizing our pool of staff to do so.
The Munson Healthcare Staffing Services System Scheduler coordinates the inpatient, ambulatory, and regional staffing functions to facilitate quality patient care, while maintaining a master schedule for patient care services that meets the departmental, organizational and regional manpower needs.
* Prefers but not mandatory, Associates degree with 2 years of experience working in a medical setting, or the equivalent in education and experience required.
* Familiarity with word processing techniques, database management, and medical terminology
* The ability to prioritize, function independently, and deal with multifaceted aspects of the medical profession.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required.
* Initiative, discretion and good judgment desired.
Demonstrated excellence in:
* Critical thinking
* Critical Reasoning
* Organizational effectiveness
* Ability to organize and prioritize
* Function independently
* Ability to understand and navigate the multifaceted aspects of the medical profession
* Best practice
Reports to the Manager of Munson Healthcare Staffing Services
* Supports the mission of Munson Healthcare.
* Embraces and supports Munson's True North.
* Plans, organizes, and directs daily Inpatient/Ambulatory/Regional staffing activities to achieve patient care objectives in accordance with Patient Care Services policies and guidelines.
* Works closely with House Supervisor and Staffing office at each facility on daily assignments based on unit needs and patient flow.
* Assists with obtaining and deploying necessary resources to all areas by contacting MHCSS staff, coordinating activities of pre-assigned staff, and adjusting schedules and unit assignment as necessary.
* Assigns and deploys nurses to appropriate patient care areas with regard to skill set, required competencies and completed orientation
* Collaborates with House Supervisor, Unit Supervisors and Nurse Managers to identify crucial deficits in staffing and deploys available resources to areas of greatest need.
* Responsible for maintaining and effectively communicating changes to the schedule.
* Works with leaders to assess, develop and implement strategies to proactively address mid and long range unit staffing needs.
* Retrieves patient care services sick call messages, then organizes and communicates coverage for patient care services.
* Integrates system wide staffing needs when preparing a time schedule based on facility standards.
* Maintains and updates Einstein II and Kronos on a daily basis.
* Maintains accurate, current information regarding the skill set, applicable unit(s), and expiry certifications in the scheduling software, Einstein II, for every nurse and ancillary associate in the MHCSS department.
* Assists with scheduling and coordination of orientation for all new hires based on specialty area, applicable units, and status (Regional or System based).
* Records and reviews absenteeism and tardiness of MHCSS staff, Communicates trends to MHCSS manager.
* Ensures reliability of data by maintaining/editing time keeping records for payroll purposes and ensuring that worked hours are reflected in the correct facility and cost center.
* Stewards financial resources and improves efficiency by monitoring individual units in the system for overtime hours and replaces with more equitable and equally qualified resources.
* Perform other duties as required or assigned.