Senior Private Placements Investments Internship - Omaha, NE or Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
In the world of business, knowledge is power. That's why you're working so hard in school to learn the fundamentals. But now it's time to reach beyond the classroom.
It's critical you learn to think strategically, expand your perspective and learn how to apply your fundamental knowledge in the real world.
And let's not forget your people skills. Learning to collaborate, negotiate and build trusting relationships is essential to building a successful career.
So, if you have the power to learn and grow beyond the classroom, bring your power to Mutual of Omaha. We are currently seeking motivated business students for an exciting internship within our Investment Management Division. Combine your power with ours and see how far you can go.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
* This internship opportunity is scheduled to begin April 2022 and runs for 13-14 months.
* Interns for this position are required to work 20 hours per week during the school year and full time (40 hours/week) during the summer months.
* Interviews for this internship will begin in October 2021.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Prepare financial spreadsheets by extracting relevant information from companies' financial statements.
* Communicate directly with a variety of investment professionals and be an integral part of the investment decision process.
* Participate selectively on conference calls with companies' management teams.
* Gain exposure to a variety of domestic, foreign, public, and private companies in diverse industries and varying worldwide accounting standards (primarily US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards).
* Option of attending meetings of the CFA Society of Nebraska where presentations are given by public companies, industry analysts, economists and investment strategists.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
* A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
* An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
* 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
* For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
* Hourly wage: $20.00
* Completion of coursework relevant to Finance, Accounting, and Investments.
* Experience with Microsoft Word and proficient with Microsoft Excel and formula building.
* Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
* Able to work effectively in a team environment.
* You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
* You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
* Complete and attach a letter of interest when submitting your application.
BONUS POINTS (Preferred Qualifications):
* Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics or majors related to investments preferred.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you'll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you'll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples' lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company's exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Sep 10, 2021 09:00 AM Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 15, 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time