Advisor, Commercial P&C
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
We're NFP, a 4x Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Advisor has responsibility for producing new business and growing organic revenue with clients. This individual is responsible for maintaining and growing an assigned book of business, territory and/or sector of medium complexity. Engages in integrated selling opportunities with other NFP offices and business lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Uses consultative approach to initiate, qualify and develop new business relationships; may have assigned list of prospects.
* Targets accounts of medium complexity and size and primarily operates within their primary client segment, region and/or business line.
* Expected to produce at 100% of base quota per year
* Meets key metrics including revenue and number of prospects in pipeline, meetings per months and closed sales
* Develops sales proposals and presentations that are consistent with NFP standards; requires assistance from more senior sales team members on complex cases
* Sell and service to prospective and existing clients by preparing specifications and marketing strategy for new business and renewals. Recommend new and additional coverages and obtain quotes for client.
* Use independent judgment and discretion placing clients' coverage with market carriers. Negotiate terms and pricing in the best interests of the client. Make appropriate recommendations to client with regard to all insurance matters.
* Meet assigned goals for sales and renewals.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
* Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
* Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
* Effective time management and decision making skills
* Diligent follow up skills
* Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
* Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience
* BA/BS preferred
* More than 3-5 years of directly related industry sales experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
* Insurance Broker's license required representing the coverages being sold. (e.g. P&C broker's license or Life and Health broker's license.)
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.