Life Insurance & Annuity Claims Examiner II
Employment Type: Full-Time
Claim Examiner, Level II
The Claim Examiner, Level II is responsible for properly adjudicating Life and Annuity Death Claims and/or adjudicate Claims received for Living Benefit's. This position focuses on the Independent handling of multiple claims at the same time, work more complex claims, including contestable claims, may mentor junior claim examiner's, will co-approve policy's and will help support department projects. Our mission in the Claims Department at National Life Group is to provide seamless service excellence with urgency, quality, and caring curiosity. We expect our employees to maintain positive relationships with our customers. We strive to provide an engaging and enriching work environment. We have a robust performance management system that enables all employees, no matter what level of experience they bring, the opportunity to learn, grow and excel.
How you will add value:
* Review and understand the policy owner's claim.
* Review and understand the general terms of policy owner's contract and riders.
* Communicate with the customer both verbally and written to help determine their specific need, answer questions they may have, set appropriate expectations or simply be there to lend an ear during their most difficult time.
* Communicate with policyholder's, attorney's, physician's, and agent's.
* Investigate, evaluate and adjudicate claims more complex in nature and with a level of independence, including the drafting of rescission letters.
* Authorizes appropriate payment, denies the claim or works with a Senior Claims Examiner to finalize decision.
* May oversee the work of a less tenured examiner as well as co-approve a claim.
* Supports department projects.
* Comfortable with working on multiple claims at the same time.
What you need to succeed:
* Bachelor's degree is preferred, however will consider commensurate work experience.
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Attention to detail
* A positive attitude
What will make you excel:
* Medical industry experience or biology/physiology degree.
* Legal experience, contract law experience.
* Actively developing business acumen.
* Taking courses offered through the International Claims Association.
* Being a knowledge seeker and life-long learner, then teaching what you've learned with other colleagues.
* Ability to work very well independently however able to also support a team.
* Ability to recognize opportunities that need problem solving and actively participating in the solution.
* Ability gain the trust of peers, colleagues across the organization and the field.
* Willingness to participate in agency training calls, presentations and visits.
This role is not open to applicants residing or otherwise based in Colorado and cannot be performed in Colorado
National Life Group® is a trade name of National Life Insurance Company, Montpelier, VT - founded in 1848, Life Insurance Company of the Southwest, Addison, TX - chartered in 1955, and their affiliates. Each company of National Life Group is solely responsible for its own financial condition and contractual obligations. Life Insurance Company of the Southwest is not an authorized insurer in New York and does not conduct insurance business in New York. Equity Services, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC, is a Broker/Dealer and Registered Investment Adviser affiliate of National Life Insurance Company. All other entities are independent of the companies of National Life Group.
Fortune 1000 status is based on the consolidated financial results of all National Life Group companies.
National Life Group
1 National Life Dr
Montpelier, VT 05604
Social Media Policy