Market Metro Manager, Client Development - Northeast
Employment Type: Full-Time
NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being 'All Heart.' NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
Summary Statement: The Market / Metro Manager for Client Development is assigned to a specific Market or Metro in the NMG store network. This role creates and supports growth and development strategies for targeted customer segments, enabling Associates to cultivate, develop, and strengthen relationships with customers of the Neiman Marcus brand.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Responsibilities & Duties
* Develops and decides the best tactics to deploy in order to achieve Client Development KPIs in Market / Metro
* Drives all Client Development-specific initiatives in Market / Metro in partnership with GM and Store Senior Leadership team
* Drives Market / Metro adoption of company initiatives (Customer Cultivation, Omni Selling Tools, and Omni Selling and Service)
* Evaluates and shares the effectiveness of all digital selling tools (e.g., Omni selling platform) and other key actions to drive client growth within the Market / Metro
* Identifies, implements, and scales Client Development best practices in partnership with Regional Director
* Partners with Regional Director of Client Development and Store General Managers to build action plans for each store within the Market / Metro
* Partners with Market Trainers to deliver training needs
* Leverages open communication and relationships with cross-functional Store Senior Leaders to establish buy-in and implement lasting change across the Market / Metro
* Monitors client development KPIs (e.g., repurchase rate, spending tier migration) for new and existing customers with a focus on two-channel customers
* Becomes familiar with top clients and identifies opportunities for Private Client Relations experiences
* Manages budget and accountable for meeting targets for Small Gifting / BCE program
* Shares responsibility with Group Manager for hiring, onboarding, coaching, and supporting the development and promotion of Client Development leads in all stores within respective Market / Metro
* Defines and scales the Client Development Lead role and its measurements of success
* Engages Client Development Leads to execute detailed action plans and maintain consistency across stores
* Ensures that action plans are being carried out by Client Development Leads
* Holds team accountable for hitting KPIs in partnership with Group Sales Managers
* 4-7 years of experience, luxury retail fashion experience preferred
* 4-year degree preferred
* Proven track record achieving business results
* History of leading, motivating, and coaching teams to achieve objectives
* Advanced business acumen and analytical skills
* Previous experience navigating complex business problems, collaborating with leads across corporate functions, presenting at the executive level, working with corporate business partners, and leading cross-functional large-scale initiatives
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong attention to detail
* 'Win together' mentality
* Advanced proficiency with MS Office Product Suite, specifically Excel
* Certain roles may require standing, bending, climbing stairs, and lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds
* Associates must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business need, which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Travel may be required, up to 50%
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.