Cloud Sales Strategy Planner
Employment Type: Full-Time
We're forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can't do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it's in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
NetApp provides software, systems, and services to manage, store, and share data via on-premise, private, and public clouds to customers worldwide. NetApp is quickly gaining recognition with customers and partners for helping customers consider alternative data center, on-prem, and cloud strategies. NetApp is building cloud services with all major cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). These cloud data services, including Azure NetApp Files, Cloud Volumes ONTAP, and Spot, enable customers to consider many more options on how and where to manage their critical data for optimal business and financial outcomes.
As a Cloud Sales Strategy Planner, you will work with senior and executive leadership to analyze market and performance data for cloud products to formulate sales coverage plans and initiatives, communicate go-to-market performance results, and model business outcomes over short-term and multi-year time horizons. This is a highly visible and impactful role that requires excellent analytical, critical thinking, and communication abilities.
You will utilize your in-depth knowledge of sales strategy and business metrics to build plans for hyperscaler initiatives, targeted sales verticals, and market aggregators in the partner arena to drive scale in NetApp cloud offerings. You will analyze addressable opportunity and current execution trends, as well as stitch data from multiple internal and external sources to provide recommendations as part of your deliverable set. The ability to communicate in a creative and holistic manner, while grounding proposals in solid quantitative and financial analytics is essential.
Thinking strategically, adapting quickly, having a bias toward action, teamwork skills, and clear and concise communications of viable solutions with pros and cons is key to being effective in this role. This is a challenging, high-visibility role working in a fast-paced environment. The position requires a person who is flexible, solutions-oriented, and works well under pressure.
* Support Cloud Sales leaders with building and communicating sales strategy initiatives, defining field effectiveness criteria and defining management systems and enablement necessary to support plan
* Provide recommendations by analyzing large datasets sourced from disparate sources
* Collaborate with Corporate Strategy, Sales leadership, Finance, and Marketing teams on strategic planning and project deliverables
* Analyze operational and financial performance drivers to identify opportunities, customer consumption and usage patterns, and execution roadblocks
* Assess market opportunity, including share potential, white space/green space, and segment trends to create direct and partner sales coverage plans
* A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field; MBA or equivalent preferred
* Superb analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* A PowerPoint and Excel wizard
* Prior management consulting experience with one of the 'Big Three' or Accenture/Deloitte a plus
* Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of experience; or equivalent experience
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field preferred; MBA preferred
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world's biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.