Employment Type: Full-Time
* The Meteorologist forecast weather conditions and produces and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
* Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms.
* Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
* Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
* Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
* Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
* Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
* Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
* Fluency in English.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
* Minimum three years' experience in weather reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
* Superior on-air presence.
* Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
* Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
* Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
* Strong understanding of the field of meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
* Flexibility to work any shift.