Employment Type: Full-Time
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Digital Producer leads the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in methods, processes and tactics; as well as in creating/editing origin content beyond that which is produced for on-air.
* Develops and leads winning strategy for station content
* Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
* Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
* Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television
* Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
* Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
* Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
* Pitches on-brand local and trending stories during morning meetings
* Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
* Shoots and edits content for on-air and digital
* Produces reports for all platforms
* Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
* Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials.
* Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
Requirements & Skills:
* Degree in journalism; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred
* Proficiency in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Basic HTML preferred
* CSS, Flash and other relevant technology skills is a plus
* Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
* Responds positively to feedback
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!