Licensed Practical Nurse - Nights
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position is: Full time night shift, 12 hr. shifts Competitive salary and benefits. - Sign On Bonus
Are you seeking a rewarding position, as a LPN, at an award winning facility? If so, we would like to speak with you here at NHC of Rossville. We are a 110 bed skilled nursing facility, located just ONE MILE from Chattanooga. NHC of Rossville offers quality skilled nursing care to our community and also surrounding communities, for over 40 years and we are looking to add another partner to our team. We are seeking a motivated, reliable, flexible, and intelligent partner with good customer service skills. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, and Registered Nurse Managers
RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPERVISING:
Nursing Assistants and others as assigned
Supports the mission of NHC. Exemplifies 'The Better Way' through leadership and demeanor. Represents the center in a positive manner both in the medical community and in the community as a whole.
Health - Ability to meet performance requirements
Education and Training:
* Graduate from a nursing program accredited by the State.
* Maintains a current unencumbered licensed to practice in the state where employed
* Seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth. Attends continuing education offerings and through teaching and mentoring, contributes to the ongoing education of partners under his/her supervision
Job Knowledge and Capabilities:
* Is responsible for maintaining clinical competency as evidenced by application of integrated nursing knowledge and skills, leadership and communication skills.
* Utilizes the nursing process in assessment, planning and implementing care.
* Exhibits organizational ability related to work flow, prioritizing to meet the patient care needs
* Integrates current standards of practice as well as local, state, and federal regulations related to nursing services in the care of patients.
* Practices continuous quality improvement thinking and problem solving skills.
* Able to be on feet standing or walking 8-12 hours per day
* Able to lift 60-70 lbs on occasional basis
* Able to bend, stoop, squat and twist numerous times a day
* Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual requests
* Able to speak in clear, concise voice in order to communicate with patients who may be hearing impaired
* Able to carry out fine motor skills and manual dexterity
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Required:
* Working with the interdisciplinary care team, to assure accurate patient assessment and development/revisions of individualized plans of care.
* Maintains open and ongoing communication with patients and families, providing opportunity and encouragement to participate in decision making.
* Assure that nursing partners have been assigned duties
* Make rounds, with specific attention to high acuity patients
* Monitor unit/units to ensure that appropriate nursing care (according to established policies and procedures) is being provided and that doctors and families are being notified of changes in patients' condition
* Assume responsibility for assisting with meds and treatments as needed.
* Assist with admitting patients and processing of physician orders as required.
* Assist with hiring and supervision and participates in the orientation of new nursing partners
* Assures the personal dignity and physical safety of each patient. Assist patients to attain the highest level of self-care possible.
* Assist physician during rounds
* Supervise nursing partners as assigned. Complete performance evaluations as required (two times per year).
* Make changes in staffing schedule as indicated by absence and illness and contact additional help to assure staffing levels are maintained in order to meet the care needs of patients
* Carry out personnel disciplinary action(s) (written, verbal warnings, suspension and termination) promptly and effectively as stated in personnel policies and amendments.
* Maintain the security of the premises and direct unauthorized persons coming on the premises to leave
* Perform weekly skin assessments, incident reports, nursing summaries, recording of patient weights, alert charting, daily skilled nurses notes and other documentation as assigned.
* Relieve other shifts if needed.
* Participate in ON-CALL Program
* Attend in-service education programs and participates in Silver Chair Training, as assigned, to learn new procedures, develop skills, etc.
* Leads by example and performs hands on care, answers call lights and assist C.N.A.'s in their duties when needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Willingness to work with the realization that errors may have serious consequences for patients.
* Patience and tact in dealing with patients.
* Review and practice the promises of NHC's Better Way expectations.
* Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks.
* Subject to night, weekend and holiday duty.
* Able to establish and maintain relationships with patients, family members, and other center personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.