Registered Nurse - Pay In Lieu Of Benefits
Employment Type: Full-Time
Three 12 Hour Shifts, 7a-7p or 7p-7a
includes every third weekend
Summary of Duties
Responsible for providing direct care to the adult and geriatric patient. Specializes in the delivery of safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective nursing care, responsive to the disease or disorder of the individual patient. Functions as an integral part of the staff in the delivery of a coordinated plan of therapeutic care to the patients of the hospital.
Essential Job Functions
* Formulates a plan of care or follows established patient care protocols with attention given to physical, psychosocial, educational, and discharge needs of the patient/family.
* Performs admission assessment and documents findings on appropriate record.
* Initiates individual plan of care and discharge planning on admission, modifies the plan of care according to changes in patient condition, and participates in weekly patient care conferences to plan multi-disciplinary patient care.
* Explains nursing interventions and provides appropriate education to patient and/or responsible person according to their predetermined level of comprehension, and documents on appropriate records.
* Provides patient care discharge instruction to the patient and or responsible person consistent with their level of comprehension, and documents on appropriate records.
* Performs basic nursing skills.
* Performs specialized nursing skills , including but not limited to, mgt ET tube, ABGs/venipuncture, central line care, pressor drip monitoring, 12 lead EKG.
* Operates highly technical electronic life support, including but not limited to, monitoring equipment, defibrillator, and ventilators.
* Responds immediately to life threatening situations and follows appropriate algorithm to sustain life, according to established protocols.
* Manages central venous catheters/PICC lines.
* Provides rehabilitative care according to standards.
* Analyzes physical and or psychological changes, and implements appropriate interventions and or notifies appropriate person(s).
* Completes patient care assignments.
* Answers communication system and telephone promptly and assists or refers to appropriate person.
* Transcribes physician orders, and completes hospital forms accurately.
* Documents administration of medications.
* Explains nursing interventions to health team members through direct interactions.
* Demonstrates or supervises procedures and treatments performed by staff or orientees and documents appropriately.
* Assists with record keeping and program development.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and licensed by the State of Alabama.
Minimum of three (3) years critical care experience required.
Physical Requirements for Essential Job Functions
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. frequently, and 10 lbs. constantly.
* Ability to walk and stand 80% of an 8 to 12 hour shift.
* Ability to push/pull up to 200 lbs. In order to position patients, move beds, carts, etc., and aid adequately, so that requirements of this position can be fully met.