Employment Type: Full-Time
The Brewing Operator supports the Brewing Department of the Genesee Brewery in Rochester, NY. This position is responsible for assembling, monitoring, inspecting & cleaning equipment to prepare product for packaging.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
DEPARTMENT: Brewing Operations
SHIFT: Rotating; Overtime and Weekends Required
JOB TYPE: Union
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assemble equipment, and attach pipes, hoses, fittings, or valves, using hand tools.
* Monitor pressure gauges, and meters, flowmeters, thermometers, or products, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions, such as feed rate, product consistency, temperature, air pressure, and machine speed.
* Record temperatures, amounts of materials processed, and/or test results on report forms.
* Start machinery such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves in order to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
* Read dials and gauges on panel control boards in order to ascertain temperatures, alkalinities, and densities of mixtures, and turn valves in order to obtain specified mixtures.
* Sample and test product characteristics such as specific gravity, acidity, and sugar content, using hydrometers, pH meters, or refractometers.
* Inspect and flush lines with solutions or steam, and spray equipment with sterilizing solutions.
* Measure or weigh specified amounts of ingredients or materials, and load them into tanks, vats, hoppers, or other equipment.
* Properly exhaust any excess co2 so as not to fill the surrounding cellar with gas
* Wash tanks following SOP for each cellar
* Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs,) properly wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) and follow all safety and company policies at all times
* Perform other duties as required
* Actively exhibit a commitment to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Must be 21+ years of age
* Experience in brewing is preferred
* Ability to use computers and computer-controlled equipment
* Ability to multitask, follow instruction and procedures, troubleshoot, and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work with others in a team atmosphere as well as independently
* Frequent walking and stair climbing is required
* Ability to operate hand tools and machinery as needed
* Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs., push, pull, climb, crawl, stoop, kneel and bend
* Exposure indoors in a factory including wet, cool, hot and humid environments
* Moderate to high noise levels
* Ability to work in cellars in cool, damp spaces, confined spaces
* Generous Benefits with options to fit your life
* Blue4U Discounts
* Retirement Options with employer contributions
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Gainsharing Bonuses
* Union Support
* Tools and tool replacement options
* Culture of pride and community involvement
* And of course, beer!
FIFCO USA is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran