Sr Nursing Attendant - Emergency Department
Employment Type: Full-Time
Performs basic nursing skills and completes assigned tasks including, but not limited to, phlebotomy, 12-lead EKG, Point of Care Testing, and 1:1 observation of patients.
* * Maintains areas within the department in a neat and orderly fashion
* * Restocks as needed
* * Transports patients
* * Assists with patient care based on the area-of-assignment including, but not limited to, vital signs, post-mortem care, phlebotomy, obtaining specimens, 12-lead EKG, understanding the principles of disaster, undressing patient and assisting with procedures, distribution of meals where appropriate and assistance in feeding patients when necessary, and Point of care testing
* * Provides 1 to 1 observation of patients.
* * Performs department errands, including but not limited to pharmacy, medical records and central supply.
* * Gives report to next shift.
* * Knows the Emergency Department Policy & Procedure related to disasters.
* * Acts as a female chaperone for GYN examinations as assigned.
* Performs related duties, as required.
* ADA Essential Functions
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
* Completed course for Nursing Assistant or six (6) months comparable hospital experience as a Nursing Assistant, or pre-hospital provider experience.