Global Program Head, Immunology, Hepatology & Dermatology
Employment Type: Full-Time
350'000+ patients treated to date! In IHD, together, we transform the lives of people with immunological and liver diseases, driven by passion and with a biotech mentality.
As our Global Program Head (GPH) you will be accountable for the development and commercialization strategy of a Global Program within rheumatology. Responsible to lead a cross functional team of specialists to drive the development and execution of the product strategy. Furthermore, work closely with The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) to develop overall disease area strategies and advise the research and early development efforts. You will drive global development, worldwide regulatory approvals, market access and optimized commercial value of the program and are accountable for timelines and budget.
Beyond your in- project responsibilities, the GPH will be required to provide a strong and consistent support to the goals of the Franchise Leadership Team and to participate in critical development-wide management initiatives designed to shape the structure and processes of the organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Establish short and long range project vision and strategy for rheumatic diseases like systemic lupus erythematodes
* Ensure strategic alignment across global functions and regions
* Develop a compelling, innovative vision and strategy for the program
* Develop, drive and execute the program strategy through cross-functional teams
* Develop and maintain a key communication strategy for investor relations and external communications around the program in collaboration with the Development and Business Franchise Heads
* Actively coach and partner the team to build and implement individual development plans and conduct their performance appraisal discussions in close partnership with the line-function heads
* MD or MD PhD, Board certified rheumatologist
* Deep scientific and clinical understanding of SLE, LN or Sjoegren's syndrome
* Consistent track record of successful drug development in rheumatology preferable SLE, LN or Sjoegren's syndrome
* Minimum of 5 years of drug development experience, including experience in Global Program Teams and with dossier submission for new or supplemental indication
* Leadership of multidisciplinary Teams and innovative strategic attitude
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network