Investor Relations Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) is a biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavax is currently conducting multiple late-stage clinical trials for NVX-CoV2373, our vaccine candidate against the virus that causes COVID-19, and has recently reported exciting and highly encouraging initial efficacy results. NanoFlu, our quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both candidate vaccines incorporate Novavax' proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M adjuvant to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies. Novavax is a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines. Our proprietary technology platform leverages the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles in order to address urgent global health needs.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
We are seeking a creative, resourceful, and collaborative Investor Relations Manager to join a rapidly growing and dynamic biotechnology company. Reporting to the Associate Director, Investor Relations, and working closely with the SVP, Investor Relations and Corporate Affairs, you will be responsible for supporting the execution of investor relations activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Support the continued development and execution of the long-term investor relations plan
* Under supervision of Associate Director, Investor Relations, partner with finance department to develop deep understanding of internal forecasts
* Communicate publicly stated guidance to key external stakeholders, including sell-side analysts estimates
* Develop reports for senior management summarizing consensus estimates, model assumptions and stock price targets
* Under supervision of Associate Director, Investor Relations, partner with business development department in creating peer operational and financial benchmarking
* Develop reports for senior management summarizing peer analyses and Novavax' relative competitive positioning
* Assist in development and implementation of sell-side targeting in coordination with the IR agency
* Assist in development of investor-facing materials, including:
* Earnings releases
* Investor press releases
* Corporate investor presentations
* Management content for quarterly and annual SEC filings
* Under supervision of Associate Director, Investor Relations, partner with legal and finance departments to build out timelines for quarterly and annual SEC filings to ensure disclosure requirements are met and appropriate filings are executed
* Under supervision of Associate Director, Investor Relations, partner with legal department to organize annual meeting of shareholders, including managing timeline for deliverables, such as venue selection, vendor selection and annual report
* Contribute to continuous refinement of corporate messages based on company disclosures, market dynamics, competitive positioning and relative valuation
* Assist in responding timely to requests for information from external stakeholders
* Other IR tasks as assigned
* Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree required
* 3-5 years relevant financial experience in investment banking, equity research, investor relations, consulting, corporate finance, or related fields
* Demonstrated interest for finance and the equity markets
* Proven financial modelling skills and understanding of capital markets
* Knowledge of SEC and disclosure requirements
* Exceptional oral and written communications and presentation skills (strong skills in PowerPoint)
* A professional, outgoing personality with a high level of energy, a strong work ethic, resourcefulness, and flexibility
* Excellent interpersonal skills; enthusiastic, team player and self-starter; commitment to excellence skills, excellent attention to detail and diligence in deadline-driven environment
* Ability to manage diverse priorities with positive outcomes
* Willingness to work on projects across the department
* A person with an insatiable appetite to learn more and be a part of a dynamic team within a successful, rapidly growing biotechnology company
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.