Clinical Pharmacist - Cobble Hill
Employment Type: Full-Time
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clin Pharmacist-Cobble Hill.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for providing safe, efficacious and cost-effective pharmacotherapy to patients through Medication Use Evaluation projects, provision of drug information and active participation in a patient care multidisciplinary team. Provides clinical oversight to a designated dispensing area.
* Responsible for filling and checking medication orders.
* Dispensing of medications.
* Provides drug information and consultation.
* Documents and maintains pharmaceutical records.
* Documents and maintain accurate pharmacy inventory.
* Professional communication with patients, caregivers and other healthcare professionals
* Trains and monitors Pharmacy Technicians and students
* Ensure patients receive accurate medications in a timely fashion
* Nursing station reviews.
* Security of the Pharmacy.
* Maintains reliable attendance and punctuality record; adheres to departmental and organizational policies.
* Clinical Evaluation
* Assist with maintaining pharmacy accreditations i.e., URAC, ACHC, TJC.
* Responsible for meeting pharmacy metrics as determined by management
* Maintains annual hospital competencies re aseptic technique, infection control and hazardous waste, HIPPA, Fire Safety, as applicable.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a NYS Pharmacy License and Registration Masters degree in Clinical Pharmacy/Pharmacotherapy required. Pharmacy Practice residency or a minimum of four years of clinical pharmacy experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills..
Required Licenses: Pharmacist License-NYS
Doctor of Pharmacy degree. Advanced degree in pharmacy related field. For specialty pharmacy, both in-patient and out-patient pharmacy experience is preferred. For specialty pharmacy, specialty pharmacy experience is preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.