Employment Type: Full-Time
The Personal Banker provides extraordinary customer care to new and existing customers with a focus on the sale of all Bank products and services.
1. As a critical team member, must be reliable, dependable and maintain a high degree of flexibility.
2. Provides extraordinary customer care in daily interactions with external and internal customers.
3. Greets customers warmly and professionally. Utilizing consultative selling and profiling techniques, assists new and existing customers to select appropriate products and services to meet their needs.
4. Balances and proves cash drawer and work daily. Attends to night deposit vault, ATM, ITM (if applicable), coin machine as needed.
5. Daily telemarketing to customers and non-customers to promote Bank and investment products and services.
6. Meets and exceed annually all assigned sales goals for Bank products and referral goals for investment products.
Typical Job Duties
1. Proactively sells all Bank products and services to deepen and preserve relationships, based on customer need.
2. Refers and schedules customers for investment appointments with a Financial Advisor.
3. Completes daily telemarketing to customers and non-customers to promote Bank and investment products and services.
4. Solicits new consumer loan applications, processes applications, and closes loans.
5. Receives and responds to all customer inquiries concerning Bank services, interacting with all internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
6. Performs account and record maintenance duties as directed.
7. Remains current on all Bank policies and procedures, attending additional training classes as directed.
8. Processes deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and all other teller transactions.
9. Cashes checks in accordance with Bank's policy.
10. Provides Notary Public services.
11. Assists with related branch office functions as directed by the Branch Manager.
12. Performs other duties as required by management.
1. High school diploma or equivalent is required, along with excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and an attention to detail with strong organizational skills and a basic knowledge of opening new accounts, i.e. checking, savings, etc.
2. This position also requires 1-year prior cash handling with previous teller related experience preferred, along with computer literacy, moderate typing skills and knowledge of standard office equipment, including calculator.
3. This position requires qualified candidates to have excellent sales and service skills and be an advocate for the OceanFirst Vision.
4. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, stretch, reach, squat or be mobile, frequently for extended periods of time.
5. May need to be able to lift and move up to 25 lbs.
6. May need to travel to other branches or company headquarters, as needed. Requires maintaining a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle for use in the course of the job.
7. Branch network is open to customers on average 52 hours per week, no hours on Sunday. Must be able to work flexible schedules in accordance with the needs of the branch. As a critical team member, attendance must be reliable and dependable, with minimal unscheduled absences.
8. For the respect of our customers and staff, professional dress, hygiene and appearance is expected at all times. Refer to corporate dress code.
9. A clean and safe appearance of branch facilities must be maintained at all times.
10. All bank positions require maintaining personal fiscal responsibility.
11. Acceptable background checks and immediate NMLS (National Mortgage Licensing System) registration within one month of start date.