Technology Development Manager-Houston
Employment Type: Full-Time
This is a sales position with the primary responsibility for developing cross-channel business partnerships with high potential clients from medium to large-sized accounts which may have multiple locations within a defined geographical territory. This position manages the business relationship with identified accounts that have complex specific adjacency in Technology related needs. In addition, this position assists in the deployment of new products, services, and solutions throughout both BSD and NAR Divisions through established partnerships with other sales associates.
* Engaged in sales activities outside of the office, face-to-face, including, but not limited to, creating relationships with non-Office Depot customers and develop a clear, complete understanding of their potential business issues and needs for more than 50% of work time. Sales activities also include selling to existing Office Depot customers a further and deeper range of products and services from office Depot. Note: Administrative maintenance and invoicing issues, even when accomplished at the customer's site, do not count towards the over 50% of work time that is required to be spent in sales activities outside of the office. The primary focus of this position is sales, not administrative maintenance of the customer. Travel is required.
* Ensure effective execution of tactical and operational Technology segment of the sales plans for all products and services relevant to geographical scope.
* The Development Manager will stay in tune with the changing demands of the marketplace and provide management with recommendations for training, new products, assortment, and service enhancements in the Technology segment. ; Works under the direction of sales management to launch all new products, services, and solutions to both NAR and BSD Field personnel within a defined geographical territory.
* Identifies key targets from region listing & develops selling & penetration plans using a consultative selling approach to offer Technology solutions.
* Partners with BSD sales associates to achieve a defined contract sales quota based on account/territory potential. Schedules joint face-to-face calls to customers in an attempt to meet and sell Technology programs and solutions.
* Applies Technology adjacency expertise to design and implement customer programs. Sells to multiple levels of decision-makers within larger, high potential accounts by developing partnerships with customers
* Schedules face-to-face contact with current or prospective buyers on a daily basis. Sells value and innovative Technology solutions beyond the core product to meet buyer needs.
* Directs account sales strategies as they relate to specific Technology adjacency offerings. Designs optimal product/service mix to match essential buying criteria.
* Partner with Field Support Leaders, RVPs, and BSD Directors & VPs to ensure that Technology adjacency selling programs achieve their revenue and IMU targets.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum 3 years experience in Technology Sales related field
* Sales experience, preferably in a complex business-to-consumer and business-to-business service-orientated environment; or demonstration of skills and learning through an internal development program and selection process.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offer competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k), and more, along with plenty of opportunities to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fair Chance Ordinance
* Ability to develop new and innovative strategic concepts, ideas, and tactics. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to manage a rapidly growing business.
* Able to write and speak proficient English.
* Strong sales skills with a thorough understanding of the consultative sales cycle
* Professional level presentation skills require excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Organizational skills
* Advanced selling and negotiation skills
* Demonstrated ability to initiate and analyze complex or undefined issues to determine the proper course of actions
* PC/Laptop operating knowledge and capabilities required
* Achievement drive, concern for quality and execution, customer satisfaction orientation, personal maturity, managing and motivating associates, developing associates, judgment
* We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction recordsCity & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance