Manager, Integrated Media Planning
Employment Type: Full-Time
who we are
MOST CREATIVE MEDIA AGENCY NETWORK | 11 TIMES IN A ROW BY THE GUNN REPORT
ADWEEK'S GLOBAL MEDIA AGENCY OF THE YEAR 2019 & 2020
OMD Chicago is a proud part of the global OMD network. We are dedicated to delivering insights that unlock demand potential, ideas that ignite consumer desire and results that accelerate business growth for our clients. We are a dynamic, creative and influential agency network that collectively combines to make OMD the most awarded agency network in the world.
The Manager, Integrated Media Planning is accountable for the planning, implementation and tracking of media plans. They partner with the Associate Director to set the strategic tone and direction for planning deliverables. The Manager also assists in the development of any important plans, projects or presentations to the client. Managers have a strong working knowledge of the media space, including digital media and available media research. As a steppingstone to leadership, the Manager is responsible for managing a planning team, including skills development, evaluating performance and supporting growth.
what this role calls for
* Passion - approaches any situation with energy and interest. Displays passion for pop culture, trends and motivations in consumer behavior.
* Critical Thinking - the ability to develop insights and use data to support strategic thinking.
* Hunger for Data - continually seeks to understand how data is leveraged for reporting and used to define strategies, to defend strategies, and to uncover new opportunities.
* Delegation - as a manager of the Strategist and Assistant levels, delegation skills are key to achieving deliverables and developing others.
* Relationship Building - whether internally or with clients, practices the ability to be personal, understanding and a desire to do what's best for the team and the client.
what you bring
* Graduate of a four-year college or university.
* 3-5 years of media planning experience, cross-channel experience preferred.
* Experience in a client service structure, contributing to the development and management of media programs.
* Leadership ability and experience managing a team of planners and assistants on day-to-day deliverables.
* Strong knowledge of media fundamentals and an understanding of key research sources.
* Ability to develop and articulate strategic insights.
* Comfort with data, analytics and measurement.
* Knowledge of current trends and innovations in media.
OMD is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.