Ammonia Refrigeration Technician - Third Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Refrigeration Mechanic repairs industrial and commercial refrigerating systems according to blueprints and engineering specifications, using knowledge of refrigeration, structural layout, and function and design of components.
* Maintain and perform preventative maintenance activities on ammonia refrigeration systems.
* Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records.
* Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
* Is engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing refrigeration equipment.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
* Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
* Professional experience with ammonia refrigeration systems required.
* Physical demand requirements- Stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Occasionally required to climb or balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
* Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with moderate noise. Hard and slippery floors. Exposure to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, and extreme cold.
* Overtime and working on holidays is often required.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.