LPN Clinic - Rheumatology First Hill
Employment Type: Full-Time
Swedish Medical Groups is looking for a Clinic Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Rheumatology First Hill at Swedish Medical Group in Seattle, WA.
The Clinic Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works under the direction of the Nursing Supervisor or Clinic Administrator to provide basic patient care to assigned patients.
In this position you will:
* Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem
* Obtain non-invasive body fluid specimens
* Under supervision of practitioner or nurse supervisor, administer approved medications via oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal routes
* Provide patient mobility assistance as necessary
* Under supervision of the practitioner, inform patients of lab results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return practitioners phone messages
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing
* Registration with Washington State as a Licensed Practical Nurse
* Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN)
* One (1) year experience in clinic setting
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes 128 primary care and specialty care clinics.