LPN - Emergency Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Providence Health and Services is calling a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (0.9 FTE, Night Shift) to Providence St. Peter Hospital, Emergency Center in Olympia, WA.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire System.
An Emergency Center Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides practical nursing functions, bedside care, respiratory care, phlebotomy, splinting, and patient teaching in a fast paced episodic setting. An EC LPN requires the ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks. This work is done under the direction of an RN or EC Provider.
In this position you will:
* Utilize the assigned ESI triage level to assist in determining the patient's plan of care, frequency of assessments/re-assessments.
* Independently, collect and document routine assessment data used to modify and adjust plans of care.
* Provide nursing care in collaboration with the Provider and/or RN.
* Insert, monitor and trouble shoot peripheral intravenous lines.
* Demonstrate knowledge of the safe use of crutches, walkers and canes. Maintain gurney in lowered and locked position with call bell in place and side rails up
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Graduate of an approved Practical Nurse Program.
* Experience in an emergency department or fast paced clinic setting.
* Current BLS (Basic Life Support)
* Current Washington State Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support Class (ACLS within 6 months of hire).
* Participation in a Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) class is required within 12 months of hire and throughout employment as an EC LPN.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
* Familiarity with computerized documentation is preferred.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®' recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.