RN Fellow - Nights, Medford, Oregon
Employment Type: Full-Time
Providence is seeking Registered Nurse Fellow to join Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR. A RN Fellow is a Registered Nurse who has at least 1 year of RN experience, but has less than 1 year of experience in the unit or specialty of hire. This posting represents full-time, NIGHT shift positions (7pm-7:30am, 3, 12 hour shifts per week) within the following units:
* Ortho, Spine
* Medical, Surgical, and Oncology Unit
* Medical, Telemetry, and Acute Stroke Unit
Medford Medical Center is accredited as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation in Practice Transition Programs. Target start dates are mid January through the end of February 2021.
Apply today! Qualified applicants will receive a request to complete an on-demand video interview through our Modern Hire system. Please look out for an email or text message with information about next steps.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Fellow that provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Working with a preceptor and assuming increasing responsibility during the fellowship, the RN Fellow is accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
* Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients' care
* Develop, update and coordinate the patient's plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum
* Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate
* At the completion of the fellowship, demonstrate competencies in populations served and performs essential competencies as required by specific unit of hire
* Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
* Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
* Be accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes
* Align patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
* Engage in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
* Promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice
* Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge, models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
Required qualification in this position includes:
* Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
* Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's degree in Nursing -OR- higher within 3 years of hire
* A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
* Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered
* If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire.
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) - (BLS Provider) upon hire.
* One (1) year of nursing experience but new to specialty of hire
Preferred qualification in this position include:
* Bachelor's degree in nursing upon hire
* National Certification in Grad Nurse Internship
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
'Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.'
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.