Transition Associate - Social Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Providence is calling a Transition Associate (0.78 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Social Services at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
We are seeking a Transition Associate to work as part of the Transition team to perform a variety of patient centered administrative tasks to support the Social Work team in the Care Management Department. Will work under their direction to support patients and families with their specific discharge plan and plan of care
In this position you will:
* Obtain insurance authorization for services as indicated. Verify Insurance coverage for services as needed
* Facilitate appropriate Clinical Information is sent to payers for clinical reviews
* Act as a Liaison between outside agencies, outpatient setting and the inpatient setting
* Ability to provide in-person education to patients and families regarding services
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Associate Degree or equivalent experience.
* Coursework/Training in Medical terminology.
* Demonstrated work experience with patients and families.
* Work experience, preferably in health care setting, providing customer service and administrative support to professionals.
* Experience working with insurance payers.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Educational courses in healthcare
* MS Office Certification
* Health care training
* Knowledge of human anatomy & physiology and disease processes
* Experience using MS Word and Excel software programs
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.