Anesthetist - Baptist Easley
Employment Type: Full-Time
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Responds to the anesthetic needs of patients and coordinates their care with other perioperative personnel during the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases. Administers anesthesia services to patients for medical and surgical procedures relevant to the facility under the medical direction of staff anesthesiologist. Responds to the emergent airway management within the facility as needed. May be on-call, either in-house or from home, as required by the facility.
* Formulates anesthetic plan with anesthesiologist. Discusses plan and the risks, benefits, and options with the patient. Prepares for the administration of anesthetic and implementation of plan. - 15%
* Performs special line placement procedures granted within the guidelines for the practice setting, including but not to limited intravenous and arterial line insertion. - 10%
* Documents appropriate data on pre-anesthesia assessment. Documents intraoperative anesthesia care on intra-op anesthesia record, including but not limited to charting vital signs, drug deliveries, fluid and blood deliveries, fluid loss, events and their times, and appropriate comments. Documents appropriate charges, quality indicators, and controlled substance disbursement use and waste. - 25%
* Maintains age specific competence in anesthesia technical skills appropriate for the practice setting. Skills include (but not limited to) airway management, induction, blocks, and general anesthesia. - 20%
* Maintains and acquires new knowledge of anesthesia pharmacology (including new drugs), anesthesia modalities, techniques, and technology. - 15%
* Provides a safe practice environment by utilizing a systematic approach to minimize risk ( to patient and providers) of infection, physical injury, psychological stress, and equipment failure. - 15%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
Master's Degree- Nurse Anesthesia
No previous experience required.
* SC RN- Advance Practice
* CRNA- Nurse Anesthetist
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Noted Above
In lieu of the Master's Degree in Anesthesia, will accept CRNA's which graduated before December 31, 2003 from an advanced, organized formal education program for nurse anesthetists accredited by the national accreditation organization of the CRNA specialty.
Other Required Skills and Experience
Patient Equip (Vitals, Suction, Defib)
Variable (United States of America)
Baptist Easley Med Campus
1015 Baptist Easley Hospital
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.