Employment Type: Full-Time
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Has the responsibility for providing direct and indirect nursing care to assigned patients. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the RN, Manager Palmetto SeniorCare PACE or charge nurse but is independent in the application of advanced nursing knowledge and skills. Manages complex clinical situations for which he/she is responsible.
* Assessment: Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses according to unit standards; identifies patient's overt problems/needs and sets priorities; identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up; interprets and records latest diagnostic results; performs advanced nursing assessment using critical thinking skills. *
* Planning Care: Develops a plan of care based on nursing process and which incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; includes the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care; makes referrals to multidisciplinary support services. . Initial and periodic assessments (minimally every 6 months) to be completed prior to the scheduled team meeting. Communicates participant changes to team members.*
* Implementing/Managing Care: Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards; provides correct treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards; demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explains nursing procedures in appropriate forms; provides participant and family education in coordination of 24 hour care delivery; identifies emergency situations and independently initiates advanced therapy; acts as coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care. *
* Evaluation: Records patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale; makes and records observations related to impending or associated problems; implements nursing measures related to impending or associated problems. *
* Leadership: Using nursing process, delegates nursing care to appropriate personnel; integrates cost effective measures into nursing practice; recognizes unit problems and takes responsibility for documenting same; demonstrates active participation in QI processes; complies with hospital expectations to meet staffing demands based on patient care needs; complies with policies addressing safe working conditions; monitors unsafe working conditions; recognizes inappropriate and/or ineffective patient care management, resolves issue/problem and completes written reports; fulfills call for unit as assigned and adjusts staffing for census (volume) and acuity.*
Job has direct and/or indirect supervision of employees that may include final budget authority, hire/termination authority, performance appraisal responsibility, and disciplinary authority. Job will be considered a member of management staff at GHS and will have direct reports.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing program and approved by the South Carolina State Board of Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
Minimum of one year experience with the frail or elderly population.
Required Certifications, Registries, Licenses
RN currently licensed in South Carolina; CPR
In lieu of the experience and/or educational requirements indicated above a combination of education, training, and/or experience will be considered an equivalent substitution: Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
Other Required Skills and Experience
Other Qualifications or Experience
Additional In Lieu of Statement
Team members employed in this job prior to July 1, 2020 are grandfathered under prior educational and experience requirements. In addition, team members must be certification eligible and will have one year to obtain required certification(s).
Day (United States of America)
Richland Laurel St
1539 Seniorcare - Midlands
15396635 SeniorCare PACE-Laurel
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.