Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Machine Shop is opening and is located next door to our corporate HQ in Morgan Hill. All of our Morgan Hill locations are a short 15-minute 'reverse commute' from south San Jose, or just north of Gilroy, and only a couple of minutes off the 101 Freeway.
Paramit is a rapidly growing international medical device contract design and manufacturing company that designs and manufactures high-quality medical and life sciences instruments. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused culture. We are seeking a skilled and highly motivated CNC Machinist to join our team!
Essential Duties & Core Responsibilities:
* Setup and run Haas CNC mills. Haas Lathe experience and Mastercam knowledge is a plus
* Experience in manual machining including machining parts on Bridgeport mills, Hardinge Lathes, etc.
* Deburr, clean parts, and package for transportation between departments as needed
* When necessary, takes corrective action and adjusts offsets to produce parts to meet drawing specifications
* Ensures product quality meets or exceeds specifications
* Promote adherence to manufacturing schedules and deadlines
* Maintain responsibility for routers for the created parts programs
* To maintain good housekeeping at all times in their assigned work areas
* Properly document required information on work orders
Minimum Technical Work Experience Requirements:
* 5+ years of experience setting up and running Haas CNC Mills
* Working knowledge and experience with G-code, M-code, and programming
* Experienced and adept with inspection procedures as well as GD&T practices.
* Proficiency in tool-path optimization.
* Ability to program and machine complex and high tolerance components
* Ability to make required quality checks
* Experience cutting a wide range of materials
* Ability to do basic computer functions with comfort including the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications. You will primarily work within Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Strong math skills; the ability to calculate precision measurements, angles, area, volume, and gear
* Working blueprint experience including the ability to read, interpret, and execute directions from a blueprint
Preferred Technical Capabilities & Experience:
* Works well with minimal supervision
* Ability to contribute in a dynamic team environment
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate in English verbally and in writing concisely and appropriately with cross-functional and Machine Shop colleagues
* Accuracy- focused operational process
* Possesses a goal-oriented mindset
* Consistent organization and documentation skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Takes a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality, efficiency, cost reduction, and safety
Working with Paramit you will be at the forefront of technology and a part of making a difference in the medical device and life science instrument industries. These industries touch an immeasurable amount of people, communities, countries, and our world.
At Paramit we are committed to excellence at every level in the organization. As a manufacturer and designer of highly complex, medical devices and life science instruments, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to those who will use the products we make one day. As a result, Paramit is obsessive about doing things the right way, going beyond FDA requirements, and ensuring that every finished product is safe and reliable.