Employment Type: Full-Time
* Demonstrate leadership skills as a team player by providing superior customer service, being flexible and approachable.
* Maintain thorough knowledge of Parkside's guidelines, as well as policies and procedures.
* Demonstrate ability to review and calculate ALL income types, including complicated tax returns.
* Demonstrate ability to review and analyze borrower's income stability, assets, appraisal, prelim, credit report and all other documentation as required.
* Ensure Parkside's quality is uncompromised and that all documentation provided is thoroughly analyzed and meets guidelines.
* Identify red flags within files and ensure each red flag is addressed prior to approval/closing
* Maintain minimum file requirements as well as condition turn-times as set forth by management
* Complete all underwriting tasks in LendingQB, including 1008 comments and checklists
* Notify Account Executive/Broker immediately if loan file is being counter-offered, suspended or declined
* Maintain communication with brokers/processors/account executives to ensure all questions are answered in a timely manner
* Review conditions (including suspense, reworks and decline overturns) within the required turn times
* Ensure compliance with federal and state lending regulations
* Provide a second layer of quality control to ensure that the liability taken on by Parkside Lending will not result in a non-saleable loan
* Always seek to find ways to improve our processes either through technology, process systems or communication methods
* Underwriting Authority for all income types, conforming and high balance loan products
* Underwriting Manager / Regional Underwriting Manager
* All internal and external counter-parties (Broker, Processor, Account Executive, BSR's, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Be a quick learner and have a willingness to acquire new skills
* Exhibit a pleasant demeanor with clients and internal personnel via phone and email
* Ability to work independently with little supervision
* Be very detail oriented and organized
Experience and Delegations
* Five plus years of Mortgage Underwriting experience required
* FHA CHUMS ID preferred
* VA LAPP/SAR preferred
* Jumbo/Non-QM experience preferred
This job description does not identify all of the responsibilities and duties associated with this job. Responsibilities and duties are subject to change at the discretion of Parkside Lending, LLC. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required from time to time.