Palliative Care Coor - RN Full Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Wentworth Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who shar our values and transform our patients lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community weelness and professional growth.
We have an opening for a full time Palliative Care Coordinator (RN)
Experience Minimum Required
* 5 - 7 years of clinical experience.
* 1 year Palliative Care experience.
Education Minimum Required
* Nursing Degree
Training Minimum Required
Special Skills Minimum Required
* Strong clinical assessment skills and knowledge of medical standards of care.
* Ability to interrelate with and gain respect of physicians, nurses and other hospital personnel.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
* Knowledge of reimbursement and financial management concepts.
* Knowledge of home care, hospice, palliative care, advance directives, discharge planning.
* Experience conducting/participating in patient and family meetings.
* One year of experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
* Experience with Excel and Power Point computer applications.
* Knowledge of governing body rules and regulations (The Joint Commission, CMS, NQF.)
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
* Management and/or leadership experience.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
* Palliative Care Certified w/in 3 yrs, Registered Nurse License.
Licensure and/or Certifications Preferred/Desired