Part-Time - Graduate Student - Smeal Ethical Leadership Challenge Teaching Assistant
Employment Type: Part-Time
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Tarriff Center for Business Ethics and Social Responsibility is seeking a graduate student (MBA, Communications preferred) as a teaching assistant for Smeal's Ethical Leadership Challenge (SELC) for approximately 10 hours per week, for the Academic Year 2021 to 2022. The opening will be primarily remote, with a few possible in-person duties throughout each semester.
SELC is an experience for Smeal first-year and second-year students aimed at developing and fostering ethical leadership skills. The Challenge requires students to engage in activities and earn badges centered on key competencies of ethical leadership across shared Penn State values of Community, Responsibility, Respect, Integrity, Discovery, and Excellence.
The primary job responsibilities for this position will be:
* Perform administrative duties within the Suitable app.
* Review of Activity Submissions - approving activities submitted by SELC partners making sure that they contain the correct information and are attached to the appropriate micro-badge and Penn State Values.
* Adding Activities in Suitable - adding activities that could be used for SELC before the SELC Partners are trained to add activities in the Suitable app.
* Review of Student Submitted Reflections/Portfolios - review reflections and portfolios submitted to award credit for activities checking for plagiarism and appropriateness.
* Editing and sending communications to SELC participants and prospective participants.
* Developing and Coordinating Alumni Involvement.
* Providing other administrative support for Honor & Integrity or the Tarriff Center if needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
* Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel.
* Preferred experience with activity tracking apps, email software and CRM.
* Ability to work with multiple individuals from multiple departments and entities.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA
University Park, PA