Licensed Practical Nurse
Heritage at Irene Woods has an immediate opening for a PRN Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join its team. Heritage at Irene Woods is developed and owned by Edward Rose & Sons, known for creating amenity-rich communities where people can appreciate comfortable and affordable living in beautiful settings. Partnering with Edward Rose & Sons is Ecumen, a not-for-profit organization that has grown to be one of the most innovative leaders in senior housing and services, empowering individuals to live richer and fuller lives. Heritage at Irene Woods consists of 110 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes as well as 30 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services and is located in Memphis, Tennessee.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) performs a variety of professional nursing and resident assistant duties in the care of skilled nursing residents, complies with state and federal rules and regulations, and follows established policies and procedures of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates resident care, conducting meetings with staff to address resident care issues.
- Ensures that resident assistant’s duties and responsibilities are accomplished in a timely, quality manner, and communicate issues to supervisors.
- Report change or problem in resident condition as indicated through state regulation and company policy and procedures.
- Initiate emergency treatment and report as indicated through state regulation and company policy and procedures.
- Participate in the completion and review of care plans.
- Assist with administration of physician orders.
- Ensure accuracy and promptness in transcribing physician orders.
- Carry out proper charting practices and procedures.
- Assist with new admissions, hospital transfers and discharges as requested.
- Assembles and operates equipment such as oxygen suppliers and other equipment used for resident care.
- Order and administer medications.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of job performance for resident assistants.
- Train new employees entering the department.
- Plan, assign and direct work of resident assistants within established guidelines.
- Assist Resident Assistants as necessary.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and other emergency situations.
- Knowledge of, observes and follows all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, Resident’s Bill of Rights, OSHA, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, Right to Know, and MSDS.
- Good steward of time and resources.
- Demonstrates a high level of respect and a cooperative attitude with co-workers.
- Pro-actively and professionally communicates information to others.
- Provide superior customer service to other departments.
- Preserves confidential information through following HIPAA guidelines.
- Constantly customer focused by providing excellent service, encouraging and respecting customer’s individuality and treating people with dignity and respect.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure.
- Related Experience as an LPN.
- Proven Leadership abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including written and verbal skills.
- Must work well both individually and as part of a team through respect, collaboration, and dedication.
- Ability to successfully interact with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrates positive attitude, high integrity and ethical awareness.
- Successful completion of health screening.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the supervisor or other management personnel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.